Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University was established in 1961. The University is situated in District Darbhanga, Bihar and it is a State University. It’s jurisdiction extends over the entire State of Bihar. The University provides courses at Intermediate, Graduate and Postgraduate level and conducts extensive research in Sanskrit. The University has an outstanding collection of nearly 5562 rare manuscripts including six illustrated manuscripts of the Ramayana, Gitagovinda, Srimadbhagavata and Durga Saptasati etc.
Mahamhopadhyay Dr. Umesh Misra an eminent scholar was the first Vice-Chancellor of the University, then Education minister of unified Bihar Satyendra Narayan Singh announced starting of the university.Maharaja Kameshwar Singhdonated his ancestralAnand Bagh Palaceto the Government of Bihar as a university for the promotion ofSanskritlanguage. Currently, this palace is the head office of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University.
- Rajeshwar Thakur Sanskrit College, Raghopur.
- GoshwamiMadusudanSanskrit College, Bangaon.
- Mithila Sanskrit College, SasoulaSabha.
- Brahamdeo Muni Udasin Sanskrit College, Hajipur.
- Rawneshwar Sanskrit College, Gidhour.
- Jagjeevan Abhyudaya Sanskrit College, Abhyudayanagar.
- Mahnath SatanandGiri Harihar Sanskrit College, Bodh Gaya.
Departments atKameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Darbhanga:
- Department of Vedic Literature.
- Department of Mythology.
- Department of Philosophy.
- Department of Sociology and Modern Subjects.
- Department of Ayurveda.
- Department of Fine Arts.
- Email:[email protected]
- Phone number: 06272-222178
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|