Magadh University, Bodhgaya is the largest university of Bihar. Spread over an area of 460 acres, the university was established in 1962 by the former education minister, Satyendra Narayan Sinha. It also offers distance education courses which are approved by UGC. It has 44 colleges that cater to studnets from social sciences, science, humanities and commerce. The university has close to 4000 students studying in its constituent colleges and departments.
The university has 85 colleges affiliated to it. The university has 8 hostels on the campus that house 1500 students. It also has well-stocked libraries.
Some of the colleges affiliated to the university are
- Gaya College, Gaya
- J.D. Women’s college, Patna
- A.N. College, Patna
- Nalanda College, Biharsharif
- S. Sinha College, Aurangabad
- S. N. Sinha College, jehanabad
- Sri ArvindMahil College, Patna
Application and Admission Procedure
Availability of application forms: Online and offline.
Application Fee: 500 rupees for applicants of general category and 250 rupees for applicants of reserved category.
First complete the registration process by visiting the official website of the University then application form will appear on the screen fill it with all the information, upload the relevant documents, proceed the payment of the application fee you can pay it via debit card, credit card or net banking and submit the application form.
You can obtain offline forms from the respective University or can also download the online form and take out its printout. Fill the form attach all the duly attested documents with the application form and send it with the demand draft of application fee on in favour of the below mentioned address:
Directorate of Distance Education
Admissions for undergraduate and postgraduate courses are granted on the basis of merit and admissions to doctorate courses are done through entrance exams that are conducted by the university itself.
Hostel and Facilities
- There is the availability of a total of 9 hostels in the University campus
- Hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls separately
- The total accommodation available can accommodate 1500 students at once
- Hostels are allotted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination and students need to apply online or offline for availing the hostel facility
Other Campus facilities
- The university is spread over 400 acres of land and it is the largest university in Bihar
- It has a central library with a total collection of over 1,55,000 books, 3000 theses and over 1500 manuscripts on different areas and fields of technology and sciences.
- The University has dedicated sports facilities for its students, which include basketball courts, badminton courts, football and volleyball ground etc. Regular sports meet is held on the college campus.
- There is the availability of University Health Centre-cum-Dispensary that provides medical facilities to students, teachers and other employees residing the university campus as well as outside the university campus. It has the services of three doctors, nurses and a sufficient number of supporting paramedical staff which have the requisite knowledge and qualification.