|Popularity Rank (based on average rank of admitted students):||121|
South Calcutta Law College, Kolkata is one of the prominent and well known law college in the country imparting quality legal education. Through its udergraduate degree leve programme. It is succeeded in carving a niche for itself in the legal context and has played an immeasurably important role in the Judicial, Political, Social and Historical background of India with excellent infrastructure to facilitate academic growth of the students.
Establishment Year : 1970
Approval : Bar Council of India
Campus Strength : 4000
Affiliation : University of Calcutta
1. Certificate of appriciation.
2. Best law college 2015.
3. Performance report of colleges in kolkata during 2014-15.
4. India's best law colleges 2015.
5. Zonewise ranking: best law colleges.
6. UGC-backed courses for city law students.
Phone No : 033-24408182,24408182
EMail : [email protected]
Hostel and Facilities
|Total Number of Boys Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Boys)(Number of rooms)|
|Boys Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Boys Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
|Total Number of Girls Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Girls)(Number of rooms)|
|Girls Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Girls Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
Contact Number and Address
Fee Structure and Scholarships
|Stream||Fees Structure for one year|
5 YEAR COURSE Course
|Course Name||5 Year Course|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Mode||Regular, Full Time,|
|Accreditation||- No Accreditation|
To pursue 5 year course at students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates