Founded in 1981, the institute is affiliated to Osmania University and has been granted autonomous status for all its graduate and postgraduate programs for 6 years by UGC (University Grants Commission), starting from 2014. The college introduced a Choice Based Credit System in 2016 for its courses. A Hindustan Times survey has ranked this college 3rd in Telangana and 32nd in India.
The college offers B. Tech /B.E. courses in the following disciplines-
- Information Technology
It offers postgraduate courses in-
- M. Tech(CSE)
Admission to the postgraduate programs is done on the basis of the ranks in GATE/ PGECET exams and a minimum of 50% is required in the graduation or any other qualifying examination as applicable.
The college provides its students with the following facilities-
- A central digital library with 12100 books, 335 e-books, 102 printed journals, 2186 e-journals subscriptions, internet, photocopying, lending books for free to SC/ST students.
- Central computer centre with high-speed internet,
- Language laboratory for communication and interpersonal skills with a special phonetics laboratory set up along the lines of the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages(CIEFL)
- Career Guidance and Counselling cell
- Medical help-first aid in the laboratories, round the clock ambulance, doctor, nurse, generic medicines and a hospital within 3 Km.
- Center for Geomatics
- Robotics and automation laboratory
- VLSI design centre
- CISCO networking laboratory
- CAD / CAM centre
- Optics design centre
The college has excellent placement record. The top 3 recruiters of 2017 are as follows-
- Adobe with a package of Rs.20.35 lakhs per annum
- Microsoft with a package of Rs.15 lakhs per annum plus stocks worth the US $ 10,000
- Amazon Development with a package of Rs.14 lakhs per annum and stocks worth Rs.8 lakhs and an internship at a salary of Rs.20,000 per month.
Application and Admission Procedure
The admissions are done on the basis of result of EAMCET (Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test). The candidates must have passed the Board Examination of Intermediate Education, Government of Telangana with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects, or any other examination equivalent to it, recognized by Osmania University.
- The first step is to fill the online application form available on the website is to fill in the basic and educational information.
- The next step is to upload the scanned photographs and the signature as per the dimensions specified.
- The payments can be done through Demand Draft of Rs.500/- as registration fee (non-refundable) drawn in favor of the Principal, Vasavi College of Engineering, payable at Hyderabad.
- After making the payment, the students need to take a print out of the application form for future reference in the admission process.
- The counseling process begins after the declaration of EAMCET result.
Hostel and Facilities
As per the official website, the college does not provide hostel accommodation for students.
The college campus comprises of language labs (English and foreign), computer center facility, career guidance and counselling cell, sports complex, medical facility, first aid, ambulance facility, central library, and transport.
The college also offers value added courses in various programmes for students in order to develop their skills. Some of the value added courses are Cisco certification, CAD, GIS, VLSI, Embedded Systems, and DSP.
Other than this the college also has many activity clubs in which students from every discipline can take part.
List of Activity Clubs is given below:
- Speaker easy (public speaking club).
- Kirdar (dramatic society).
- Flamencos (music club).
The Vasavi College celebrates many festivals every year. Few popular fests include-
- ACUMEN which is a national symposium three days fest on technology.
- Euphoria is the annual cultural, literary and sports fest of the college.
- KRITI is an annual art exhibition and many traditional festivals are also celebrated in the college.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|BE Civil Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCC||46078 (Female) Rank||2016|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||79832 (Female) Rank||2016|
|BE Civil Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||9243 (Male) Rank||2016|
|BE (Information Technology)||TS-EAMCET||BCE||22116 (Female) Rank||2016|
|BE Electronics And Communication Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||18258 (Male) Rank||2016|