NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION MANAGEMENT
About the institute
National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management was established in the year 1987 as National Centre for Management of Agricultural Extension which gave its popular name as “MANAGE”. The pioneer institute deals with management education in the field of agricultural and its practices. The institute received a national status in 1992, thus giving its present name. The institute offers degree course for post graduate aspirants, viz. Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension Management (PGDAEM), Diploma in Agricultural Extension Services for Input Dealers (DAESI) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Agri Business Management) – PGDM (ABM). The NIAEM/MANAGE is an autonomous institute located in the knowledge hub of India – Hyderabad.
How to apply
- Candidates seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time, residential PGDM (ABM) programme are given options apply online or download the application.
- The management recommends candidates to fill – in the online application form and then print it out for further process.
- The filled – in application form must be sent to the institute along with the enclosures mentioned in the form and a Demand Draft for INR 1200 (or INR 600 for reserved category candidates).
- The Demand Draft must be made in the favour of MANAGE, Hyderabad.
- All the above documents must be sent to thw following address: Principal Coordinator PGDM (ABM), NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION MANAGEMENT (MANAGE), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500 030
- The application form or online application can be found here - http://www.manage.gov.in/admissions-2015/admissions.asp
- For more information read the following pdf file - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/admnpolicy-2014.pdf
- MANAGE follows a rigorous admission and selection procedure for the eligible candidates.
- The admission procedure is based on scores of CAT examination. A merit list will be exhibited by the institute with calculation of weightage given to particular graduation field and/or reservation students’ criteria as described in the pdf here - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/admnpolicy-2014.pdf
- Further, meritorious students shall be called upon for a rigorous and competitive selection procedure which will include the following parameters to test a candidate:
- CAT Score
- Diversity Factor (Reserved Category Students’ criteria)
- Paper/Essay Writing
- Group Discussion
- Extempore/Micro Presentation
- Personal Interview
- Work experience
- Academic Record
- Each parameter is governed by procedures and weightage of marks to be awarded as per candidate’s performance and categorization.
- All the details regarding various factors, selection procedure parameters, etc. can be found in the admission policy of the institute, the link to the pdf file is - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/admnpolicy-2014.pdf
- Find the Prospectus of MANAGE via the link - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/prospectus.pdf for more information.
CAT exam score cut – off is staked at 50% of the maximum percentile score.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Sciences or in similar agriculture – related disciplines, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA [or 45% in case of the reserved category students] from a recognized university after successful completion of 10+2 or equivalent.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering, Pure Sciences, Commerce etc. with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA [or 45% in case of the reserved category students] from a recognized university.
- Further, each candidate must appear for CAT entrance exam and procure valid CAT score for eligibility for admission.
- Candidates in their final year of degree completion may also apply for provisional admission and then upon completion of degree must fulfil eligibility criteria as stated above.
- For more information regarding eligibility criteria and provisional admission, please download the pdf file - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/admnpolicy-2014.pdf
Campus Facilities (i.e. Infrastructure)
- The MANAGE’s campus is spread over lush green and sprawling 17 hectares for students to enjoy agricultural education at its best.
- The campus offers state – of – the – art facilities and modern amenities to students during their programmes.
- The facilities are Resourceful library, modern IT centre and internet facilities, playgrounds, recreational centre, swimming pool, etc.
- A hostel with facilities for both boys and girls serves as the home away from home.
- Health care serves as the on campus medical facilty.
- Gym facilities are also available.
- Hostels with 168 rooms (22 air - conditioned) are available on double occupancy basis for both girls and boys.
- Hostels are modern and intercom facilities are provided in them.
- The hostel mess provides hygienic and healthy food to the residents.
- For more information regarding Hostel facilities, please visit the link - http://www.manage.gov.in/aboutUs/ourInfrastructure.asp / http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/prospectus.pdf
- The Highest pay package was staked at 1,023,000 per annum (national placements) and 2,600,000 per annum for international placement.
- Average pay package offered in the previous placements was INR 746,000 per annum.
- The institute is said to have a 100% placements’ record over the years.
- ITC, NCDEX, BASF India Ltd., Coromandel Fertilizers, DuPont India Ltd., KRIBHCO, Bharti Walmart, Yes Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, are a few of the many eminent companies that recruit graduates from MANAGE.
- Summer Training, CV writing, Company visits, Company interactions, interviews involve the placement procedure.
- For more information, please find the prospectus in pdf file here - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/prospectus.pdf
- The premier institute has won many laurels and accolades for its reputation and graduates it produces.
- Careers360 has ranked MANAGE as 15th in All India list of Best B – Schools and 3rd in South India.
- Business World in 2012 ranked the institute at 46th overall, 11th by industry interface and 22nd for placements.
- Outlook Magazine in 2013 ranked the institute at 18th overall, 2nd in Sectorial B – School and 10th Best Government B – School.
- For more rankings and accolades visit the link - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/bschool/bschool.asp
- Performance based scholarships in the form of cash awards and merit certificates are awarded to the students for appreciation.
- Many competitions and festivals as well as technical events are lined up for the calendar year at MANAGE.
- SPICE – A bimonthly magazine is a production of the students.
- Krishi Chanakya – A management fest, is always a major attraction for students to showcase their skill and knowledge.
- For more information regardning student life @ MANAGE, please visit the page - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/pgdmABM.asp
- Last date for submission of application forms: 31st January
- Group Discussion/Personal Interview: April
- Announcements of results of selection rounds: April (Post completion of selection rounds)
- The tuition fee collected during enrolment is INR 202,500 and for the following year the same amount is to be paid as 2nd installment of tuition fees. Thus, total tuition fees – INR 405,000
- Library fees – INR 10000 per annum, Books fee – INR 5000 per annum, Health Insurance – INR 2000 p.a., Computer & Internet Fee – INR 15000 p.a., Student Welfare Fee – INR 1000 p.a., One – Time deposit of Caution Money – INR 10000 (refundable).
- Since, the course is a residential program thus boarding and lodging fees are INR 200,000 for the whole course duration.
- The hostel fee is supposed to be paid in installments and all the information regarding the same and fee information can be found in the prospectus here - http://www.manage.gov.in/pgdmABM/prospectus.pdf
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at MANAGE students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.