K.M. College of Pharmacy (KMCP), Madurai was established in 1981 with foresight to provide pharmacy education in the backward districts and develop an institution of excellence in Pharmacy. The diploma in pharmacy course was started in 1981 with the permission of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu and Pharmacy Council of India. In 1985, the B.Pharm, degree course was affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
Subsequently, it came under the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and approved by AICTE and PCI. In 1990 M.pharm degree course was started with the branches of Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy and later two more branches namely, Pharmacology and Pharmacy Practice were added. From 2002 the college has been upgraded as a research institution to offer PhD program under The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Why to Join KM College of Pharmacy, Madurai, Tamil Nadu?
- Quick growth and old Institute: The Institute was started in 1981 with a noble cause of bringing quality education to the backward areas of Tamil Nadu. It had grown to provide a Pharmacy course, within four years, from a Diploma course. It has a commendable history of teaching.
- Experienced faculty and facilities: The lecturers are very friendly and educated. Some of them are Prof. M. Nagarajan(Chairman & HOD), Dr. Prof. Mohamed Health(Professor & HOD), Mr. K.Ashok (Assistant Professor) among others.
- Activities and programs: Various NSS activities are organized by the college like Drug Abuse rally, seminars on drug abuse, workshops on AIDS awareness to name a few.
- International opportunities: There is a placement cell that helps and trains students for various interviews. The college boasts of various members of alumni being placed internationally for example Dr. Omathanu Pillai, who is currently the Professor and HOD of pharmacy at South Dakota University, USA.
- Department of Pharmaceutics
- Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Department of Pharmacy Practice
For more details about admission please contact :-