AboutRanchi University, [RU] Ranchi:
This university was established on July 12, 1960, with ten post graduate departments, one constituent college (Ranchi College, Ranchi), and 20 affiliated college spread over an area of 65,000 square kilometres.
Being located in the predominantly tribal area, the University has successfully lived up to the expectations and aspirations of the people in its fifty years of existence. And it continues to do so despite being subjected to trifurcation: first in 1992 when VinobaBhave University, Hazaribagh was carved out; second, inJanuary 2009 when Nilamba Pitambar University, Medninagar, was created; and third, in August 2009 when Kolhan University, Chaibasa, was created. Today its territorial jurisdiction covers five districts only.
Despite so many divisions, Ranchi University continues to play a leading role in imparting higher educate in the state.
- At present, the University has 23 post graduate departments.
- The university has 15 constituent colleges and 49 affiliated colleges
Besides these institutions, there is UGC sponsored Academic Staff College.
- The university’s pursuit of academic excellence is reflected in the fact that today has four autonomous colleges and three colleges with potential for excellence (CPE) status.
- Besides these, five colleges have already been granted accreditation by NAAC.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has chosen the University department of Geology under its FIST program.
Postgraduate Self Financing/Vocational courses:
- M.Sc in Electronics & Communication
- P.G Diploma in Medicinal Plant
- P.G. Diploma in Plant Bio- Technology.
- Computer Application
- Computer Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice
- Functional Hindi
- Functional English
- Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics
- Fashion Designing
- Food Processing
- Environment & Water Management
- Business Administration
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Mass Communication and Video Production
- Advertising and Sales Promotion& Sales Management.
To provide greater horizontal mobility to the student the University has introduced several add-on-courses (certificate/diploma/advanced diploma).
- University Grants Commission
- Association of Indian Universities
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Address:Near Devi Mandir, Bariatu Road, Bariatu, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834002
Phone: 0651 220 4544