History of Kolhan University
The University was established in2009with 14 Constituent Colleges and 12 Affiliated Colleges in geographical jurisdiction of East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum and Seraikela Kharswan District. The university apart from conventional courses in UG and PG level including Medical/ Dental/ Engineering/ Law/ Management/ Education, the Vocational Courses are also running. Twenty fully fledged PG Departments have started functioning in Kolhan University.
Key facts about Kolhan University
- It has the jurisdiction of the places of East and West Singhbhum and Seraikela Kharswan District which is a tribal dominated region.
- The university has 21 fully fledged PG departments and offers courses in fields like medical, dental, engineering, law and management as also education
- At present, the university has enrolled more than 80, 000 students in the various courses.
- The Kolhan University has 14 Constituent Colleges and 12 Affiliated Colleges
- The objective of the university is to provide education to each and every individual that comes within its purview
- The university has initiated a number of programs and has established various cells like placement cell, quality assurance cell and so on for taking note of all the matters related to the students.
- It has made advancements in the establishment of computing facilities to enable the students to utilize as many resources as they can and benefit from them.
- Initiative to start E-governance is also being though at by the university administration.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. And
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admission can follow these simplesteps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration fee
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
Departments of Kolhan University
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Geology
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Bengal
- Department of Urdu
The University has the following affiliated colleges:
- B.D.S Mahila College, Ghatsila
- J.K.S College, Jamshedpur
- Loyola College of Education, Jamshedpur
- Karim City College (CPE Status by UGC), Jamshedpur
- Patamada College Jalla
- St. Augustin College, Manoharpur
- X.I.T.E Gamharia Seraikela Kharsawan
- Avadh Dental College, Jamshedpur
- B.A College of Engineering, Jamshedpur
- R.V.S Engineering College,
- M.I.T.M, Jamshedpur
- N.S.I.B.M, Jamshedpur
Courses offered by Kolhan University
Following are the courses offered by the University:
- Information technology
- Computer Applications
- Mass Production
- Video Production
- Travel and tourism Mangement
- Advertising Sales Promotion
- Sales Management
Address: NH 75, Chaibasa,Jharkhand, India
Phone number: 91 6582 255274
Fax: +91 6582 255274
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|