The MR DAV Institute of Management Studies was established in 1998 in Rohtak. It is affiliated to the M.D. University, Rohtak and is approved by All India Council of Techincal Education (AITCE). It has a 2 year MBA course which provides specializations in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, Information Technology, and International BusinessHow to Apply?
- Application form can be downloaded online from http://www.mrdavims.org/download/application-form.pdf
- The documents that need to be enclosed with the application form are admission slip of MAT/CETMCA rank, photocopies of 10th, 12th, graduation DMC/certificate, migration certificate and 6 passport size photographs
Admission is done in MR DAV Institute in 2 ways:
- Students can get admitted by the direct admission procedure which is done after M.D. University issues the admission notification in July-August
- Admission can also be taken by online counselling. For this the candidate has to appear for the online counselling of HSCS, Technical Department, Government of Haryana in the months of July-August. For more details regarding this log on to http://www.hscs.org/
- The institute accepts MAT scores
- For more details regarding the admission procedure log on to http://www.mrdavims.org/admission.php
- To be eligible, the candidate must have scored 50% or above in graduation in any discipline
- For SC/ST candidates the eligibility criteria is 45% or above in graduation in any discipline
- Ultra-modern Wi-Fi campus with 24x7 internet connection
- Air conditioned Computer Centre with latest Dual-Core computers. Ratio of students to computers is among the highest in the state and 2 mbps broadband connection
- Books provided to the students from the library. The well-stocked library also has an air conditioned reading room
- Audio visual hall present with latest technology
- Lecture halls have white boards and modern furniture
- Cafeteria serves all kinds of foods according to the students’ needs
- The institute has provisions for first-aid and also has tie-ups with hospitals in case of emergencies
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Hostel facility is available with Bimla Girls’ Hostel
- Rooms are well-laid out and furnished
- Mess facilities are provided on a co-operational basis
There is a Corporate Cell that helps students choose the right career path for themselves. The cell also trains students for interviews and prepares them for the transition they will have to face from being students to being professionals. The institute has partnerships with various individuals and organizations that help in conducting seminars and other activities regarding placements.
The key recruiters in the year 2010-11 were:
- Bajaj Alliance
- LIC India Ltd.
- L & T
- ICICI Prudential
- Hindustan Lever Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- HCL Technologies
- SONY India Pvt. Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Hero Honda Ltd.
- UTI Bank Ltd.
- Karvy Consultants Ltd.
To get more details regarding placements log on to http://www.mrdavims.org/placementcell.phpRanking
Ranked as the only ‘A’ Category Business School in HaryanaScholarships
Scholarships are provided to meritorious students. More information regarding this can be found out by contacting the institute.Student Life
- Academic program committee
- Cultural committee
- Excursion committee
- Placement committee
- Business contact
- Alumni committee
- Marketing club
- Finance forum
For the MBA course the subsidized tuition fee is Rs 50000 per annum. More information about the hostel and mess fees can be found out by contacting the university.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at Mr Dav Institute Of Management Studies students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.