THADOMAL SHAHANI ENGINEERING COLLEGE, MUMBAI
Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai is a private college that is established in the year 1983. This college is approved by AICTE and University Grants Commission, recognized by Government of Maharashtra and affiliated by University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
This institute is spread across over huge land with well-equipped laboratory, library, classes, seminar hall, sports facilities, canteen, hostels, medical facilities and more. The institute offers 10 departments through which it provides undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses. The admission into UG and PG programs in this college is done on the basis of entrance exam such as Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test and GATE
Below is a list of top departments under the University-
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
Application and Admission Procedure
The admission in this college is done on the basis of the rank obtained in the MHT CET/ GATE. The students can apply for the admission process through the online mode only. The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from any recognized board with at least 50% aggregate in marks.
How to apply
- The candidates need to visit the official website to fill the online application form.
- The students need to fill the entire academic and the personal details carefully. These are some of the details which needs to be filled – Candidate Details, Qualifying Examination Details, Choice of Regional Centre for Entrance Test, SSC or equivalent equivalent, Minority community or Special category certificate.
- The scanned copies of the photograph and the signature must be uploaded as per the dimensions specified. The recent photograph of the candidate (should be in jpg file format and the size of the file should be less than 30 KB. The signature of the candidate (should be in jpg format and the size of the file should be less than 15 KB)
- The fee needs to be paid depending upon the course opted and the category to which they belong. The payment has to be made as per the modes mentioned or preferred by the candidates.
Hostel and Facilities
As per the official website, there is no hostel facility in TSEC, Mumbai.
TSEC has a huge library containing about 31674 books on technical backgrounds. The subscription on national and international Journals along with Periodicals and magazines. Currently around 122 magazines and journals are subscribed in the library of TSEC. E-resources of International Journals are joined by the college through INDEST/SD-AICTE essential consortium in order to enable academic research in the college. Digital Library trend is getting popular and the college is at its best to cope up with it.
TSEC labs are well equipped and latest equipments are installed to enable the students to be at par with all latest technologies.
There are 2 seminar halls, having 125 seat capacity along with audio-visual facilities.
- Canteen with hygienic food and cost-effective system.
- Full campus enabled with wi-fi and 3g connectivity.
- Spacious lounge for students.
- Caring staff who are fully courteous.
- Medical staff at the vicinity.