M.A. Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre, Pune was established in 2002 by the Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society, Pune because of generous donations from a well known philanthropist, The Late Janab M. A. Rangoonwala through Rangoonwala Foundation, London (U.K.). His wife Mrs.Banobai Rangoonwala and son Asif Rangoonwala continued the financial support for the construction of the entire college building required for the 4 year B.D.S. course.
This college started functioning from the academic year 2001-2002 with an intake capacity of 100 students. The College is approved by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi, permitted by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (Dept. of Health) Government of India & also by the Dept. of Medical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra. The College is affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
The College is situated in the heart of Pune Cantonment area in the eastern part of Pune City. The College is connected to M.G. Road at one end and Shankarshet Road at the other. The College is just 2 Kms. away from the Pune Railway station, 1 Km. away from Swargate Bus station and is at a walking distance from the Mahatma Gandhi stand, a central bus terminus of Pune Camp area for Pune Municipal Transport. Pune city is connected by rail & air to almost all the important cities of India.
Why to Join M.A. Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences & Research Centre, Pune?
- Academic excellence: The students and staff continuously attend and organize various continuing dental education programmes ranging from guest lectures by eminent doctors, where students are updated with the latest developments in dentistry, Seminars, workshops & training modules. The college also has a 100% result record in MDS. Students frequently top university exams. Prizes won by students for paper presentations in National and International conferences.
- International tie ups: Diploma in Dental laser in coordination with Society Of Laser Application (SOLA) and collaboration with university of Vienna, Austria. Clinical Comprehensive course in Maxillofacial Rehabilitation in Collaboration with IMPT, UK. Exchange programme with Kings College London.
- Exposure to Eminent speakers: Dr. Anil Kohli – President Dental Council of India, Dr. Aseem Prakash Tikku – Vice President Fedration of Operative Dentistry, India, Dr. Wintner – Vienna, Dr. Diwakar Kinra, DDS, Flint, Michigan
- Extracurricular activities: College Cricket team won the IDA –Colgate Cup held in Mumbai in Feb 2012. College in collaboration with IDA & Colgate organized CDE programmes
Facts & Figures :-
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society|
|Principal||Dr. Ramandeep Dugal|
|Course Intake||BDS: 100 MDS: 48|
|Hostel Facility||Separate hostels for Boys and Girls|
|Eligibility||MHT-CET, Age should be minimum 17 years|
|Quota||60 % Muslim Minority Quota |
25 % Non-Muslim Minority Quota
15 % NRI Quota
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine & Diagnostic Radiology
- Conservative Dentistry
- Community Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
- Dental Anatomy & Histology
- General Medicine
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone: (020)26430959, 26430960, 26430961,26435151, 26435152, 26435153
Email : [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MDS at Ma Rangoonwala College Of Dental Sciences And Research Centre students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.