K. J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology also known as KJSIEIT was established in 2001 by the Somaiya Trust. It is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is approved by AICTE New Delhi and DTE Mumbai. Recently it has been accredited by Tata Consultancy Services and it is approved by NAAC as a grade "A" college.
The college has the following departments:
- Department of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electronics Engineering
The college offers excellent infrastructure to its students which includes 8 storey building where classes are held, auditorium, well equipped labs, library, eateries etc. The college offers amazing sports facilities and infrastructure to its students as well with 1 volleyball court, 3 lawn tennis courts, 1 rink football, 2 half-size football grounds, and 1 turf football ground.
The college also has an impressive placement with increasing number of students being placed every year.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to Apply
Candidates have to take Common Entrance Examination Maharashtra and apply at Common Admission Portal (CAP) where K.J. Somaiya Institute of Engineering information technology is a participating institute. Students can apply on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/ and pay the fees of Rs.800/-(general) or Rs.600/-(reserved) with duly filled form and submit it.
Then applicants have to visit the nearest facilitation centers (FC) for document verification. Later CAP portal allocates institutes to students according to their ranks.
For the seats that remain vacant, students have to download the form from official website and fill it and bring cash 1000/- as fees along with the documents required at the venue of direct counseling in the institute itself.
After seats are allocated students have to visit the allotted institute with all the supporting documents and once the documents are verified, a candidate can confirm the seat by paying the requisite fees.
Hostel and Facilities
The college provides separate hostels for both boys and girls, with the option of choosing either air conditioned or non air conditioned rooms. The hostel fees are Rs.80000 per year for both boys and girls. The hostels are equipped with every necessary facility such as central wi-fi network , indoor games room and food mess to name a few.
The college is constantly updating its student services and provides the following facilities:-
- Seminar Hall with complete glass walls
- Air conditioned auditorium
- IOT and Robotics laboratory
- Mechanics laboratory
- Automated office for the saving of electricity
- Separate common rooms and games rooms for boys and girls
- Solar street lights along the college pathway
- Projectors and uninterrupted internet in each classroom
- Open gymnasium
- Waste management through the composting of the college garden and canteen waste
- E-waste management with an outside agency-“E-incarnation”
- Medical help for students
- An excellent world class library with over 19000 volumes, over 500 e-journals, NPTEL video lectures by IIT professors, reading hall, photocopy facility etcetera.
The college takes every care to ensure the overall development of the skill sets of the students. For that it arranges regular guest lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops, R&D cell for the students, software development cell.
Events like Robocon and I-CAST’2018 (1st international conference on advances in science and technology) are organized in regular time intervals.
The college students have several clubs such as-VYOM, Nakshatra, Green club, Infinite loop and Sparks.