RMI, Mumbai City-rizvi Institute Of Management Studies And Research
|Popularity Rank (based on average rank of admitted students):||121|
Rizvi Institute of Management Studies and Research
Rizvi Institute of Management and Research was established in the year 1994. Affiliated with the University of Mumbai the college has established itself as an institute of repute in the field of management studies. The college has been recognised by DTE and provides a two-year full-time course in the field of Management Studies. Established with the vision of creating globally competent business leaders the college believes in the principles of co-operation rather than the competition. The college has taken it as a mission to achieve excellence through experimental learning.
How to Apply
- The candidates who have not appeared for any of the competitive examinations such as CAT/MAT/ATMA need first to fill in the form of CET organised by the competent authority and appear for the same. Based on the score of CET admissions will be made. After getting a valid CET score, one needs to fill in the college form plus a fee of Rs. 1500/- at the Institute.
- The candidates who have appeared for CAT/MAT/ATMA their admission would be governed by DTE.
Note: For more enquiries regarding applications contact over email to [email protected]
There are three types of Admission made for allocating 120 seats of the 2-year program.
- First is for the candidates who are not the resident of Maharashtra. For them, the admission is based on the score of competent exams such as CAT/MAT/XAT. DTE governs the whole process.
- Second is for the local candidates who are residents of Maharashtra and have appeared for MMS-CET/MAH-MBA. The students are required to purchase a form by paying Rs. 1500/- at Institute and submitting the complete form with valid CET score at Institute. Then admission are made based on the merit list.
- Muslim candidates have 61 seats reserved for them admission on which are made on the basis of their CET score.
Rizvi Institute offers two years full-time MBA program, for which it takes admission of 120 students annually. 61 seats are reserved for the Muslims, 35 seats are allocated based on DTE CAP round and the last 24 admissions are made on institute level.
The criteria for cut – off is as generalized by government norms.
Candidate who wishes to pursue the MBA at the Institute needs to:
- Be a Graduate in any discipline with least 50% marks. The course should be of minimum three-year duration and should be recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Should have appeared in either CAT/MAT/ATMA or should possess a valid CET score, organised by a competent authority.
- Rizvi Institute has a well stocked and well-developed library with over 20,000 books and a subscription to more than 100 journals. The institute has also subscribed to online books plus databases such as Ebsco and JGate.
- It has a well-maintained computer centre with more then 150 computers with latest configurations. Round, the clock high-speed internet connectivity, is an added advantage.
- 11 fully air-conditioned training rooms with all the audio and visual facilities to make learning an interactive experience.
- Seminar and conference hall for events and lectures from eminent persons of the industry.
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2012-14 batch were Naukri.com, Bloomberg, ICICI Bank, HSBC, Citibank, RedTag, Café Coffe Day, Planet M,
- The campus had the highest placement rate of Rs. 7 L.P.A as well as an average placement of Rs. 4 L.P.A.
- To know more about the placement of Rizvi’s MBA course you can visit this link http://rmi.rizvi.edu.in/placements/executive-placements/ content/uploads/2015/01/Final-Placement-Report-2012-2014.pdf
The fee is charged as indicated by Shiksha Shulka Samiti.
About RMI, Mumbai City
|Aid Status||Unaided - Private|
Hostel and Facilities
|Total Number of Boys Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Boys)(Number of rooms)|
|Boys Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Boys Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
|Total Number of Girls Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Girls)(Number of rooms)|
|Girls Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Girls Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
Contact Number and Address
Fee Structure and Scholarships
|Stream||Fees Structure for one year|
|Management (MBA)||130000 To 130000|
MANAGEMENT STUDIES Course
|Course Name||Management Studies|
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Affiliated To||University Of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|Mode||Regular, Full Time,|
|Accreditation||Eligible: Not Applied - No Accreditation|
To pursue MANAGEMENT STUDIES at rmi students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at RMI students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.