The Lions Club of Malad-Borivali, an international social organisation realized the necessity of establishing a Commerce College in the western suburb of Mumbai-Malad in 1972 to cater to the needs of the society. The vision envisaged by the stalwarts of the Club was finally converted into reality and the foundation stone of the college was laid in April, 1972, with a handsome donation from the Dalmia family of Prahladrai Dalmia Charity Trust. Within a record period of 100 days the college building was completed. The college was inaugurated by Mr.T.K.Tope, the then Vice Chancellor of Bombay University.
The Institution that started with 450 students has today become one of the premier institutes in the western suburbs. The College endeavours for academic excellence and promotion of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that promote resilience, creativity and leadership qualities among the students. The College lays great emphasis on inculcating in its students the importance of ethics, hard work and commitment to excellence.
The College endeavours to groom its students as icons of tomorrow, potentially contributing to Commerce trade, industry and management. The College inculcates character building qualities like discipline and punctuality in the students. It provides a platform for students to organize various sports and cultural events to participate in various intercollegiate events and to achieve excellence in extra-curricular activities.
The College has an exceedingly committed staff. The Principal Dr. N. N. Pandey acts as a source of inspiration for the staff to maintain high morale while performing their duties based on the parameters of excellence.
We are proud to announce that the College is progressing and has added one more professional course - BSc-IT to the existing courses – BMS, BBI, BAF and BFM.
Information On Admissions
Following is the eligibility criterion for admission to F. Y. B. Com class :-
- I) Those who have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (Std. XII) conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in the following subjects :
- I) English
- ii) Any one of the Modern Indian Languages or Modern Foreign Languages taught in the College.
iii) Four other subjects from among the other subjects
Three subjects from among the subjects mentioned below and one subject from among the remaining
optional subjects for the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination.
(I) Economics (ii) Book- Keeping and Accountancy (iii) Organisation of Commerce (iv) Co-operation.
(II) Those who have passed an examination of another University/Board or Body recognised as equivalent thereto.
A student passing the H.S.C. examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education and eligible for admission to the First Year B.Com class shall apply to the Registrar of Mumbai University for a certificate of enrolment through the college. Application forms for enrolment alongwith the statement of H.S.C. marks, copies thereof and necessary fees are to be submitted at the time of filling the admission form in the College.
- Students seeking admission to this College are required to apply in the original prescribed form only. The student must affix his/her recent photograph on the admission form. 2. Application for admission and application form for enrolment, along with statement of H.S.C. marks and copies thereof and three copies of a recent passport size photograph are to be given for checking and verification to the office staff before payment of fees. 3. Incomplete forms and / or forms without proper documents will not be accepted.
- An admission granted to a student, in any class in this College, shall be for that particular term only.
- A student admitted to one class shall not get automatic admission to the next higher class, term after term or year after year. Admission to the higher class in the subsequent year shall be at the total discretion of the Principal.
- Every student is required to apply for fresh admission year after year and there is nothing like reservation of a seat for the existing student.
- Students with poor lecture attendance and /or poor performance at the College Examination or caught for misconduct will not be admitted in the Second Term.
- Admission to this College to any class is subject to the Rules and Regulations contained in this prospectus and that of the University of Mumbai, framed from time to time. The Rules and Regulations of the University take precedence over the Rules, Conditions and Regulations of the College in case of dispute.
- (a) Admission to the College is granted only for a term and the continuation of admission thereafter is subject to his/her good conduct, academic progress and observance of discipline.
(b) Students once admitted are considered as duly enrolled for the whole year unless they inform the Principal in writing about their intention to leave the College. The College shall be entitled to recover the tuition fees for the whole year, if they fail to inform the Principal well in time.
- When a student cancels his/her admission immediately after admission, the fees paid by him/her shall be refunded according to the rules prescribed by the University from time to time. Please refer to such Rules which are given below separately.
Admission Of Students From Other Universities And Allied Bodies
A student from another University or Board of Secondary or Intermediate Education or any other statutory examining body seeking admission to this University shall apply to the Registrar of University of Mumbai for a Certificate of Eligibility.
Such students will be admitted to the deemed class only if they have obtained the Provisional Certificate of Eligibility from the Registrar, University of Mumbai for that class. For final confirmation of Eligibility students should submit the following certificates in original, along with xerox copies of :
- Original Mark Sheet.
- Original Passing Certificate.
- Original Migration Certificate.
Students whose admission is provisional should note that if their admission is not finally confirmed by the Registrar, University of Mumbai, their terms kept for the academic year shall be treated as null and void and they will not be allowed to appear at the final examination.
Termination Of Registration
Students who register in the College in the first term but do not intend to rejoin the College for the second term, must inform the office in writing to that effect, before the last day of the first term, failing which they will be liable to pay fees for the second term also.
- In a transfer case, no student shall at any time be admitted to this College unless he/she produces a Transference Certificate from the College he/she leaves.
- As per University of Mumbai circular, CONGC/FESS/292 dated 7/7/2008, fees for issuing a transference certificate will be Rs. 100/-
- As a result of a student leaving one College to join another, it will be necessary for him/her to submit proof of the attendance of the College to enable him/her to make up the necessary percentage of attendance. A Transference Certificate shall not be granted except for reasons, which appear to be sufficient and except with the written permission of the Principal of the College that the student wants to leave and the Principal of the College, which he/she intends to join.
- Application for Transference Certificate shall be made by the students without unnecessary delay through the Principal of the College to which they wish to be transferred.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Principal : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|