Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology is one of the prominent Engineering Colleges established in the state of Maharashtra. The college has been approved by AICTE and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It is regarded as an ‘A’ graded Institute by the University. The institute was started in the year 1999 with the vision to become one of the globally recognised institutes in the field of engineering and management. The institute tends to follow its mission of evolving the system of teaching in a way in which students have freedom of thought as well as opinion. At the same time, they get exposure to the tools and techniques in contemporary subjects.
How to Apply
Applicants who wish to pursue M.M.S program from this institute need to appear for Common Entrance Test conducted by Government of Maharashtra. Based on the score of which the final admissions are made.
Note: For more enquiries regarding applications contact over email to [email protected]
Once the candidate has appeared for the CET organised by the Government of Maharashtra, the applicant would then be required to undergo through CAP round. Based on which the final admission would be made. The CAP round consists of various activities such as Group Discussions and Interviews, all of which is considered to prepare the final merit list of students to be admitted.
VIT provides two-year full-time Master of Management Science degree. The Institute takes 120 students annually, selection of whom is done based on their CET performance plus their performance in the CAP rounds.
Applicants who are ready to pursue the course need to have attained a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks. Apart from this they should have appeared for CET organised by Government of Maharashtra and have fulfilled all the norms as specified by the competent authority.
- VIT has been well equipped with all the world-class facilities to meet every need of the students. The College has fully air-conditioned classrooms equipped with all the multimedia devices to make learning more fun.
- A centralised library with internet connectivity so that the students can get access to unlimited resources. It also has a subscription to some of the journals and magazines that provide related industry knowledge to students.
- It has well-developed computer labs updated with latest software and tools to provide some hands-on experience to students.
- Other facilities include Bank, A.T.M, hospitals Food Court, games and recreational centre.
Separate hostels are available for both boys and girls. These hostels are equipped with all the necessary requirements and provide near the home experience to the students.
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2013-15 batch were L&T infotech, Inscripts, Capgemini, iGate,
- The highest package awarded was of 35 Lacs, with the average package being of 3 Lacs per annum.
- To know more about the placement of VIT you can visit this link http://vit.edu.in/placements/placement-history/65-college-content/placement/797-2015-placements
The Institute not only aims at imparting knowledge to the students but plans to make him excel in every field. For this, it has few programs that showcase the student's creative side.
- Friday Pathshala: This session is organised to provide the stress relieving non-academic interaction of students. For this purpose number of qualitative activities are organised such as:
- Jam Sessions
- Movie Screening: Educational and Inspirational
- NSS Camps: It organises NSS camps where some activities are organised as started by the Indian Government. For this, programs are organised such as:
- Blood Donation Camps
- Interaction with Under Privileged Groups
- HIV Awareness Groups
- Cleanliness Drives
- Earth Hour etc.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at VIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.