AIEMD announces admission for MBA for the year 2015-17
Established in the year 2003, AIEMD started the MBA program in the year 2009. The Business Administration programme at AIEMD is affiliated to the WBUT and approved by AICTE. With a well-developed campus providing all modern amenities, this institution is not behind the premier institutions in India. With an annual intake capacity of 60 students, AIEMD aims at providing best education to its students along with industry exposure which would improve their managerial skills.
How to apply
- Candidates interested in joining AIEMD are required to download the Application form at http://www.aiemd.org/admission.html
- Along with valid CMAT/ MAT/ JEMAT scores, candidates are required to send the duly filled application form in an envelope titled “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION” and send it to the following address:
Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering and Management Durgapur
Vill - Panagarh Gram,
PO - Panagarh Bazaar,
District - Burdwan,
West Bengal – 713148
- After submitting their application and CMAT/ MAT/ JEMAT scores, the eligible candidates are shortlisted for a Group Discussion, followed by a Personal Interview.
- A final list is published after thoroughly scrutinizing all the candidates based on their scores and performance in GDPI.
- AIEMD strictly follows the rules and norms of AICTE and WBUT/ State Govt. while deciding the admission procedure. Hence the procedure is subjected to changes if instructed by AICTE/ WBUT/ State Govt.
- Candidate’s scores of any one of the following examinations – CMAT/ MAT/ JEMAT, will be considered for shortlisting the candidates for the next round.
- All the candidates who have either completed their Bachelor’s degree or are currently in their Final year, are eligible to apply for the MBA program in AIEMD.
- The campus is spread over 26 acres of land.
- Fully furnished, ultra-modern classrooms are provided.
- Has a state-of-art computer laboratory equipped with 60 P-IV nodes on LAN system with free internet access through 512 Kbps broadband facility.
- The college also provides a well-stocked computerised physical library along with e-library.
- Separate gyms are constructed for males and females.
- A separate air-conditioned guest house.
- Seminar Hall and Conference Room.
- Various cafeterias and food outlets throughout the campus
Separate hostel facilities are provided for males and females
The Placement Cell of the college is under progress. Various top companies visit AIEMD for recruiting students and the following are few of the top employers:
- Wipro Technologies
- Wipro Infotech
- Tech Mahindra
- Computer Science Corporation
- L&T Infotech
- Mahindra Satyam
- Syntel Inc. and many more….
Apart from the MBA course provided by the college, AIEMD is also well-known for providing various B.Tech courses. According to a recent survey conducted by Silicon India Pvt. Ltd. AIEMD is ranked 4th among all the emerging engineering colleges in India.
- The college conducts various talks, seminars etc. which allows the students to interact with the eminent personalities and experts who visit the campus.
- An annual Tech Fest is conducted in the campus along with a Sports Meet.
- AIEMD is a part of Infosys Campus Connect Programme and Wipro's Mission 10x.
Panagarh Gram, PO: Panagarh Bazaar,
District - Burdwan,
West Bengal – 713148
Phone - 0343 2526415 / 16 / 17, 2527049.
Fax - 0343 2526417
Admission Cell - 08101088088 ([email protected], [email protected])
General Query - [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at AIEMD students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.