The MET institute of management is located in Bandra, Mumbai. The college has been established under the Mumbai’s Educational Trust. Their motive is to deliver and bring out excellence in the field of education. The institute provides a full time 2 year course in Management studies and other part time MBA courses affiliated to Mumbai University.How to apply
The college is termed under the Mumbai’s Educational Trust, which AICTE approved. Following are the norms filling the application form:
- To appear for the examination candidate must logon to http://www.dte.org.in , Directorate of Technical Education website will provide the form filling procedure online.
- Candidate from open category will have to pay an amount of Rs.1000/- and for other reserved category Rs.800/- needs to be filled through Debit card/Credit card or Net banking.
- If the candidate wants to issue a prospectus offline one can submit a DD of Rs.1000/- in favour of ‘MET’s Institute of Management’ payable at Mumbai.
- While filling out your application form candidate must make sure he/she submits all the necessary documents as mentioned in the information booklet/guidelines mentioned.
- The selection procedure is conducted as per the information provided in the booklet, Directorate of Education Maharashtra state that conducts the examination every year.
- After successfully clearing the entrance test conducted by DTE students allotted MET institute need to submit their original certificates and four attested set of photocopies along with two passport size photographs.
- Read the guidelines carefully before submitting the form.
- Candidate needs to appear for CAT/XAT/CMAT examinations however MAH-CET conducted by the Maharashtra State is mandatory followed by Group Discussions and Personal interview.
- The list of students shortlisted will be put up on the MET official website.
- Graduate with a minimum of 50% for open category and 45% for reserved category needs to be fulfilled.
- Candidates answering their final year examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates pursuing part time course must have good academic records and work experience for at least two years.
- The selection will be conducted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in written test, group discussion followed by Personal interview.
- The college has a vast campus with all the basic necessities provided to the students. MET is also regarded as one of the leading institutes in India.
- The classrooms are air-conditioned.
- The campus is Wi-Fi enabled with high speed internet connectivity.
- The institute also provides a huge library area with numerous journals, books and magazines. E-learning facility is also available with a silence place for reading.
- Classrooms with audio-visual aids is also provided.
- Computer laboratories with latest software update are provided.
- Large Seminars halls for various events and interactions between the guest and students are conducted.
The institute has ace placement records. Every year successfully students are placed in reputed companies. The average salary begins with 5lakh per annum to 15lakh per annum.
Listed below are the companies who conduct campus recruitment.
- Air India
- Asian paints
- Bank of Baroda
- Bombay Stock Exchange
- Citi Bank
- ESSAR group
- Grand Hyatt
- Star India Pvt Ltd
- Tata Consultancy services
- Zee group and many more
- MET is ranked ‘A++’ grade B school by business India
- It is ranked 13th best B school in South Asia by Asia Inc.
- It is also ranked the 4th best B School in West India and the 13th best All India awarded by DNA.
- MET has also been ranked as one of the top rising B school for Innovative Teaching Techniques awarded by TOI (west).
- CNBC TV18 awarded MET as the 12th best private B School in India.
Scholarships are awarded to the students who outstand their performances in their respective courses.Student Life
Apart then the college activities the students also can utilise their time in the gyms and sports centre. The air-conditioned indoor sports club has various games to offer such as carom, billiards, chess etc. students are allowed to make use of the same during their spare time.Important Dates
- The last day for the submission the form will be 07/03/2014
- The Examination will be conducted on the 09/03/2014
- The cut-off date for all type of admissions will be 22/08/2014
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at MET students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.