Founded in 1997, the institute is affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTU). It became an autonomous institute in 2010 and was the first college under JNTU to achieve that status. Its courses are approved by the AICTE and the institute is sponsored by the Sree Education Society of the Sree group of industries.
The institute offers both graduate and posts graduate programs in ECE, ME, CSE, EEE, IT, ECM, BT, CE and also has an MBA program. The institute has received the following awards for its excellence:-
- World Bank Assistance Order under TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Program)
- National award for best HRD practices from the Indian Society for training and development, New Delhi.
- Best engineering college in Andhra Pradesh by the Indian Society for Technical Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- Best college award by ISB, Hyderabad
- Recognized as a scientific and industrial research organization by DSIR, Government of India
The institute has a modern infrastructure with classrooms equipped with a computer, LCD screen and glass board. It has a central library with around 500 textbooks. There are 3 excellent seminar halls for various events. Wi-fi is provided across the campus at a speed of 100 Mbps and a CISCO router is used for the same.
Separate well-equipped hostels are provided for both boys and girls. The hostel has its own library, study rooms, internet connection, separate mess for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor games, post office, general stores, laundry, solar water heaters, mineral water and an ambulance and emergency medical help tie up with Kalki Hospital.
The institute has a one of its kind Technology Development Test Centre approved by the Director General of Mines Safety. The students participate in numerous training workshops, research projects, technical clubs, cultural events, campus placements, sports meets and major religious festivals.
Application and Admission Procedure
The admissions are based on the EAMCET (Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test) result. The candidates must have scored at least 45% (for general category) and 40% (for reserved category) in the matriculation exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- To apply online, the candidates need to visit the official website of the university.
- The first step is to fill the online application form and provide accurate personal and educational details.
- The students must keep the scanned photographs and signature along while filling the online application form. The dimensions should be as mentioned in the prospectus.
- The next step is to make the payment. The payment can be made online or offline as per the preferences of the candidates.
- Once the application form is complete, the candidates must take out the printout of the form for future reference.
Hostel and Facilities
The institute offers comfortable hostels for both boys and girls. Most of the rooms are 4 seaters, large and well furnished. Resident wardens are available round the clock to look after the students and make their stay peaceful and disciplined.
The environment created at the hostel provides the students to grow as a person independently. For better convenience the hostel is located nearby the railway and bus station.
- Each room is provided with 2 washrooms
- Study rooms and common halls for group studies for both boys and girls
- Fully Wi-Fi enabled
- Mess and dining hall provided
- Hot water and electricity available round the clock
- Laundry and post office service provided to the students
- Medical service available round the clock
CAMPUS LIFE AND FACILITIES
- High tech labs available along with modern class rooms
- Full-fledged libraries
- General store available in order to cater to the daily needs of the students
- Cultural events such as Holi celebration, Sanskritibhogi etc.
- Various clubs formed by the students such as Arts, robotics, Sports club etc.
|Maximum salary offered||1490000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||400000|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCA||64962 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCA||88698 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCA||88698 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCB||35773 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCC||44006 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCC||63330 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TS-EAMCET||BCC||38244 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TS-EAMCET||BCC||38244 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCD||32657 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||66207 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||21889 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||21889 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electronics And Communication Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||22016 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||23549 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||23549 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||25650 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electronics And Communication Engineering||TS-EAMCET||BCE||25676 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCE||58737 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||BCE||58737 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||General||24262 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||General||24262 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||82723 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||88429 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||88429 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||37644 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||56981 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Caste||57751 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||68251 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Biotechnology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||68251 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||84884 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||50108 (Male) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||54831 (Female) Rank||2016|
|B.Tech Electrical and Computer Engineering||TS-EAMCET||Schedule Tribe||61162 (Male) Rank||2016|
To pursue MBA at SNIST students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.