About Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai:
Research is a B-School located in Mumbai. It has two Campuses, namely, in Bangalore and Mumbai. Welingkar Institute of Management offers distance learning programs. It is one of the few institutions whose distance learning programs have been recognized by Distance Education Council [DEC], a body of the Central Government of India. It is the first A Grade B-School to be awarded the ISO 9001:2000 certified institutes. Institute is also accredited with South Asian Quality Assurance System [SAQS].
Accreditations and Recognitions:
- SAQS [South Asian Quality Assurance System]
- National Board of Accreditation [NBA]
- All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE], New Delhi
- HRD Ministry, Government of India
- Mumbai University
- ISO 9001:2000 certifiedInstitute [BVQi]
- AACSB [in progress, mentor assigned]
- EQUIS [in progress]
- Haifa University, Israel
- IDC Herzliya, Israel
- Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- University of Western Australia, Australia
- Australian Institute of Management, Sydney Australia
- Sogang University, South Korea
- Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
- Curtin Business School, Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia
- LUMS, Lancaster University, UK
- University of Hull, UK
- Otto Fredrich Universitat, Bamberg, Germany
- Audencia Nantes, France
- Jonkoping International Business School, Sweden
- Marladalen University, Sweden
- IESEG School of Management, Paris
- GrandMacEwan College, Canada
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Stuggart Media University, Germany
Awards and Recognitions:
- The Institute was awarded 1st Place for Creating Global Citizen Leader with WeSchool's GCL program in the Innovation in Management Education category at NHRD conference 2016.
- The Institute won Best Innovative Institute by Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM) in the year 2016.
AICTE-CII awarded the Institution with National Award for 'Best Industry Linked Management Institute' In India in the year 2015.
- The Institution's WeSchool is the first self-financed (non-minority) management institute in Mumbai to be awarded Autonomous status for all its University programs by the University of Mumbai in the year 2015.
- The Institution has won an Outstanding Institute of Management of the Year Award by Bombay Management Association in 2015.
- This Institution is one of the Top 50 B-Schools as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) conducted by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The Institution is ranked 12th in Private B-School Category nationally and 11th in West Zone by Times of India in their Business School Survey 2017.
- This college ranked 8th in the private B-School category by Outlook in the B-School Survey 2008, 3rd in Student Exchange Programme category, 7th in Faculty Exchange Programme category and 16th in Top 50 B-Schools category.
- Ranked overall 11th & 5th in Private B- School category as per Business India magazine in their B-School survey 2016.
- The Institute is ranked 18th Nationally and 5th in the Western Region, National HRD Network and People Matters, 2016
- ‘No.1' for Placements and at ‘ No.9’ in Top 25 Finance Specialists, Outlook Money ‘Best MBA Finance Rankings 2016’
- Welingkar Institute is ranked 11th overall Nationally & 6th nationally in the Private B- School category, Business India magazine, B-School survey 2015
- The Institute holds ranks as 10th in India and 2nd in the Western Zone by Times of India in their Business School Survey 2015.
- The Institute holds ranks as 9th in Learning Experience by Business Today and India Today Magazine in their B-School Survey 2015.
- The Institute is ranked 13th in the Private B- School category, Careers 360 magazine in their B-School survey 2015.
- The Institute is ranked among top 15 B School in India and 7th in West Zone by Times B- School 2014, in their Best B Schools survey.
- Welingkar is ranked 8th in West Region, 23rd Overall, 14th in Intellectual Capital, 8th in Industry Interface and 25th in Placements by Business World magazine in their B School rankings survey 2013.
- The Mumbai Campus ranked 8th in the country in Private B-Schools and No. 1 position in West Zone as per Careers 360 B-School survey 2013.
- The Bengaluru Campus ranked 17th in the country in Private B-Schools and No. 7 position in South Zone as per Careers 360 B-School survey 2013.
- The Ranked 21st Overall by India Today/ Business Today in their B -School Ranking 2012.
- This institute was awarded Dr. J. J Irani Award for the Best Management Institute in September 2006.
- Profiled 7th in India for 'Executive Education' by Hindustan Times.
Address:Lakhamshi Nappo Road, Near Matunga (Central Rly), India - 400019
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at Prin. L.n. Welingkar Institute Of Management Development & Research students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.