Institute of Engineering and Management
IEM is one of the top institutes in India among the private colleges. The institute is primarily established in Kolkata and offers various ranges of courses. The Institute of Engineering and Management was established with a dream of delivering highest professional education. It was established in 1989 and one of the oldest private management colleges of Kolkata.
How to ApplyThe application in IEM is rather easy and relevant. The Candidate has to go to the website of the IEC and download the application form to apply for the MBA course http://www.iem.edu.in/engineering/IEM_docs/important_links/iem_form2013.pdf
- Candidate may have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview in order to qualify for the admission in the institute.
- Selected candidates will be offered admissions in the institute.
- Candidate must hold a degree from a recognized university in India. The candidate must have 3 years of education after 10+2.
- Candidate must have to appear for either CAT (Common Entrance Test) or JEMAT for qualification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted after the declaration of the result and filling of the application form.
Cut off Marks-
There is no specific cut off marks for the institute. However, the cut off goes high as per the high reputation of the college but it varies every year and according to the situation.
- Candidate must have 3 years of Bachelor Degree of equivalent education from any recognized university of India.
- Candidate must appear for Common Entrance Test or JEMAT for seeking the admission in the institute.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of exam are allowed to appear for the college.
- NRI and Foreign Students can take part in the admission procedure with the quota especially available for them.
The campus of the institute is situated at the Bidhan Nagar area of Salt Lake in Kolkata. The campus of the institute is not so huge but it has opened another campus at the Barasat area to accommodate that. The college provides the Computer Lab, Library, gymnastics, outdoor activity area and others for the students. The college also has separate auditorium and seminar halls for the students.
The institute provides the off campus hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The campus is situated at outside of the college campus and college buses are available to reach to the college. There is specific fee of INR 69,600 towards the Hostel fee including the food and the rent. The candidates must pay a security deposit of INR 10.000 along with the hostel fee which is refundable amount.
The college has a dedicated placement shell for the students. According to the information available the placement shell is headed by the Director of the college and four other members work rigorously towards the better campaign. Reputed companies like Cognizent, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, Vodafone, Microsoft and others hire from the institute. There is no specific data available for the institute but the placement record is said to be 70% in the Institute of Engineering and Management.
The college has accredited with many prestigious ranking in India. According to the CSR-GHRDC survey of the management colleges of India, IEM ranks within 100 colleges of India. The institute is ranked among the top 10 colleges of West Bengal and ranked No 1 private institute of West Bengal.
The Student life of the IEM College is very high in value. There is high amount of benefits available for the students in the college campus. The common room and the study room provide the option for reading newspapers and journals. The hostel of the college has many facilities as well. TV and other entertainment is available so as to give students required lifestyle in the campus.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at IEMCAL students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.