INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT (IIHM) is a private institute, established in 1994 by IndiSmart Group. The institute offers training in globally recognised skills and an international degree in Hospitality Management. It has collaborations with The Edinburgh Napier University (UK), University of West London, London.
IIHM offers three courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Administration (3 years full time course)
- Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Administration (3 years full time course)
- B.Sc. in Hospitality and Tourism Studies from YCMOU (Pune Campus Only)
For admission to IIHM, candidates need to appear for E-Chat (Electronic Common Hospitality Admission Test).
Every year, students intern and get placed globally majorly in the USA and Australia. The institute offers students with the choice of working in internationally leading hotel brands in foreign countries or renowned luxury hotels chains in India.
In the USA, students pursue internship at world class hotels Hyatt Regency, Texas, Hyatt Regency Bonaventure, Florida, Canyon Ranch, Arizona (part of Four Seasons Hotels), Grand Hotels & Resorts, Salt Lake City America, Marriott Lancaster, US, including the Top Starwood properties like St, Regis UTAH etc.
The official website of the college is http://www.iihm.ac.in
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY?
A candidate seeking admission to International Institute Of Hotel Management, Kolkata can apply online as well as offline. The candidate is eligible for admission if they qualify class 12th examination or any equivalent examination with English as one of the compulsory subjects.
Candidate should also appear in International Institute Of Hotel Management Electronic Common Hotel admission test (IIHM eCHAT).
ONLINE AND OFFLINE APPLICATION
Candidates can apply online for the admission by downloading the application form by payment of application fees from the official website of the college.
Offline the candidates should collect prospectus and application form from the IHM campus by paying Rs. 600/- by cash or cheque/DD.
Based on the score obtained in IIHM E-CHAT entrance examination, candidates are shortlisted and called for group discussion and personal interview.
The final selection is done on the basis of the score the candidate has obtained in the entrance examination and their performance in the group discussion and personal interview.
Hostel and Facilities
International Institute Of Hotel Management Kolkata
The hostels are fully furnished and can accommodate around 500 boys and 200 girls. The students are provided with the wifi facilities which is connected in the hostel rooms, corridor, Canteen, and cafeteria.
The rooms have incoming telephone call services as well. There are various services available for the students such as medical facilities and laundry facilities for free. The hostels are well furnished and the security guards and wardens are present for the safety of the students.
Various other facilities include-
- The canteen has hygienically prepared food provided at economical rates. There is separate canteen for the boys and girls.
- There is also a water treatment plant which plays an important role in maintaining the health and life of the students and staff.
- The campus clinic facility is also available for the students.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity is not only in the hostel building but also in all open spaces including cafeteria, corridors and mess.
- The sports complex for indoor and outdoor games like badminton, Swimming, chess, carom, table tennis, cricket, basketball, football, hockey etc. is also available for the students.