MITCON INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
About the institute
MITCON Institute of Management is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institute and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It was established in the year 2005. The institute is located at 33/1, Opposite Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex, Near Octroi Naka. Balewadi, Pune - 411 045 Telephone: +91-8888856030, Email: [email protected]
How to apply?
- MITCON Institute of Management offers an AICTE approved Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Business Administration, Agri – Business Management and Pharmaceutical Management as a 2 – years full – time course.
- Candidates seeking application to MIMA’s 2 - year PGDM may ollow online/offline process:
- ONLINE Application form for online procedure is available here http://mima.edu.in/mima_admission/ , Candidates may fill the registration form and procure the online application form which must be duly filled – in and printed out for further application process.
- To follow the offline procedure the student must issue a Demand Draft in favour of MITCON Institute of Management, Pune
- The student is required to fill the application form and send it to the institute address below along with INR 1000 in the form of CASH/Demand Draft.
- The address is: MITCON Institute of ManagementNo. 33/1, Opposite Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex,Near. Octroi Naka, Balewadi, Pune - 411 045.Phone Number - +91-8888844012
- The students will also get the prospectus along with application form.
- The attested documents that need to be sent along with application letter are as listed below:
- Entrance Exam Score Card
- 10th Marks Sheet
- 12th Marks Sheet
- Graduation Degree Marks Sheet/Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate (for students appearing in final year)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Two Photographs
- Once the student is granted admission they are required to submit INR 50,000 within a week or the time specified by the institute for the confirmation of their admission.
- For more information regarding application process and documents, please visit the following link - http://www.mima.edu.in/admissions_form.asp
- The admission procedure for MIMA’s PGDM programmes accepts the valid scores of the following entrance exam(s):
- Further, the selection process shall include the following rounds:
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
- To know any details about the entrance exam please visit the given link http://www.tcyonline.com/mba/exams.php
- The group discussion and personal interview centers are:
- The criteria to be satisfied for candidates seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course must fall under any of the categories:
- For Business Administration: The student must be holding a bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50% (for general category) and 45% (for reserved categories) under any discipline from a recognized institute/university and must have appeared for any of the above mentioned entrance exam.
- For Pharmaceutical Management: The student must be holding a Bachelor’s degree in either of the streams/subjects - Microbiology, Life sciences, Pharmaceuticals, Bio – Technology, Chemistry or Medicine (MBBS), Veterinary sciences, BAMS, BUMS or BHMS.
- For Agri – Business Management: The Candidate must be a bachelor’s graduate in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Food Science or Technology, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Agro Chemicals, Home Science, Horticulture, Dairy Science/Technology, Forestry, Veterinary Science or from any discipline with an interest in or for an experience in agribusiness or graduates who are working in agribusiness, NGO, etc.
- Students appearing for their final year exams may also apply provided that they issue/obtain a Bonafide certificate for provisional admission by the institute director.
- The campus provides good amenities to for students’ comforts and qualitative life.
- Institute has facilities such as:
- Digitalized classroom
- Computer laboratories, fully equipped with Wi-Fi
- Video conferencing rooms where they can easily come in contact with the outside corporate world and this will enable them to reduce the gap between academics and the external world.
- It also provides medical care, where the hospital doctors take a visit every week.
- Convention halls.
- The MITCON Institute of management has the separate residential facility for boys as well as girls.
- The hostel can easily accommodate 100 students.
- The fee for hostel is INR 36,000 with and additional refundable hostel depositof INR 5000.
- A dedicated team of placement at MITCON Institute of Management makes efforts in providing placement to the students.
- The list of recruiters includes well renowned names like Lupin, Phyzer, MERCK, IDBI BANK, ICICI BANK, Bank of Baroda, RALLIS –A TATA ENTERPRISE, ABBOTT, Dr. Reddy, Anand Rathi, etc..
- The average package offered to the students is in the range of INR 225,000 to INR 1,100,000 per annum.
- The institute maintains a 99% of placement record each year.
- For more placements’ information and placement brochure, lease visit the link - http://www.mima.edu.in/life_at_MIMA_placement_committee.asp
According to learnhub.com the MITCON Institute of Management ranks among the top 10 colleges in PUNE. (Source: http://mba.learnhub.com/lesson/20900-top-10-b-schools-in-pune-2012
- MITCON organizes many conferences and events of which few includes
- MITCON HR CONCLAVE
- Convocation ceremony
- SPICMACAY Event
- Biotech prospects
- The fees structure according to various specializations is as follows:
- PGDM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (2 – year, full – time course) – INR 250,000 per annum
- PGDM PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT (2 – year, full – time course) – INR 250,000 per annum
- PGDM AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT (2 – year, full – time course) – INR 225,000 per annum
Please visit the given link to know about the fees structure http://mima.edu.in/admissions_course_fees2015.asp
|Maximum salary offered||420000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||270000|
To pursue MBA at MIMA students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.