The college is a second institution, among the huge D. Y. Patil group of institutions, started in the academic year 1984-85 on 6th August 1984, The late, Hon. Vasantrao Dada Patil, the former Chief Minister of Maharashtra, a good friend of Hon. D. Y. Dada, was instrumental in starting this Engineering College, Hon. Dada, an Ex. M.L.A. of Gaganbavada Tashil, was a politician till 1983. The transformation of a politician into an educationalist took place in that year, when the 1st engineering college was started, under D. Y. Patil group in Washi, Mumbai.
Today under the banner of D. Y. Patil group, there are about 150 educational institutions in Pune, Mumbai and Kolhapur. All these institutions providing diversified education in almost all branches of Engineering, Medicine, Sciences, Management, Schools of National & International standards etc. The number of students, taking their best education in all these institution, is about one lakh, the faculty needed to educate them is more than 15 thousand.
Thus the management of D. Y. Patil Group have provided employment to thousands of families in Maharashtra. The students coming out of these institutions are absorbed in several industries, educational institutes, multi-national companies in India & abroad. In 25 years, the contribution of D. Y. Patil Group in the building of our nation is huge and unchallenged.
Some of the major achievements of the institute in last 25 years to be mentioned is the ISO – 9002 certification awarded to us in year 2001 by American Quality Assurance, Columbia, U.S.A. Also Government of Maharashtra its rigorous scrutiny awarded our college as ‘A’ grade institution in continuation till date.
Our mission is to nurture students with high quality education by providing state of the art learning environment and relevant exposure towards industry and R&D organization.
To become leading institute in producing high quality technical professionals for Nation building.
- To produce technically competent, quality conscious engineers.
- To develop functionally suitable and conducive environment for students and staff for academic purpose.
- To develop the departments into the centre of excellence.
- To develop post graduate centers for all branches.
- To implement Effective & efficient Teaching–Learning practices.
- To increase percentage of campus placements.
- To strengthen industry institute interaction.
- Help students for personality development and career guidance.
- To develop the students and staff to get international Acclamation.
- To develop an e-learning campus.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|