NATIONAL INSURANCE ACADEMY
About the institute
National Insurance Academy, Pune was established in 1980 by joint support from Ministry of Finance, Government of India and leading Insurance corporations of India to provide education and produce skilled professionals in Insurance and Risk management. National Insurance Academy offers a 2 – year, full – time Post Graduate Diploma in Management course which is equivalent to MBA course.
How to apply
- Students seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course may appline offline by contacting the admission office at the institute. The application is only considered if the candidate has appeared for any of the entrance test(s).
- For application, students must bring the following supporting documents (original and photocopy) which must be attested by Gazetted Officer or Class – 1 officers:
- Graduation certificate
- Graduation marks sheet
- HSC certificate and marks sheet
- SSC certificate and marks sheet
- School/college leaving certificate (proof of birth date)
- Photograph – Passport size on white background - 2.
- A medical report in the prescribed format signed by the student, parent and certified by family physician. It may be noted that the form has to be completed in all respects. Any false declaration may lead to disciplinary action against the student. Click here for Student Medical History Format..
- Character certificate from the last institution attended
- Any other certificates (Academic/Extra Curricular activities) at the College/University level.
- Work experience certificate and relieving letter from the employer, if applicable.
- Anti Ragging Undertaking Annexure I (click here for format) on a Plain Paper duly signed by parent and student. Two copies each of Part I and Part II (printed back to back).
- Undertaking pertaining to Code of Conduct (click here for format):Duly signed by parent and student.
- SC & OBC-NC candidates who are interested to get scholarship are requested to bring income proof of both (if applicable) the parents.
- For detailed information regarding application procedure, please contact using the following details: National Insurance Academy - 25, Balewadi, Baner Road,NIA P.O., Pune 411 045 India. Tel: +91-20-27204000 / 27204444 Fax: +91-20-27204555 / 27390396
E-mail: [email protected]
- Admission procedure is primarily based on entrance exam scores viz. CAT/XAT/CMAT.
- Further, performance in Group Discussions, Work experience (if applicable) and Interview work as the deciding parameters.
- Weightage of Selection Parameters for Final Selection
- Performance in CAT/CMAT - 50%
- Performance in GD/PI - 30%
- Relevant Work Experience – if applicable
- Past Academic Record - 20%
- For more information regarding admission procedure, please follow the link - http://niapune.com/pgdm/admission_procedure.php
Previous year’s cut off is as follows:
- General Category: Overall Score – 75
- OBC – NC Category: Overall Score – 70
- SC/ST Category: Overall Score – 65
- Students seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course must have a university degree from a recognized university of at least 3 years bachelor’s equivalent irrespective of discipline/stream.
- Students appearing for final year exams may also apply provided that they complete their course before 30th June (2015).
- Upper limit of age for aspiring candidates is 26 years for general and 28 years for reserved category students.
- Area of the campus is spread about 32 acres with state – of – the – art campus facilities.
- Facilities such as cafeteria, modern computer centre, articulate library, large auditoriums, seminar halls, indoor games facilities, swimming pool, fully – functional Gymnasium and basic facilities for the disabled are there for the students at NIA to use.
- Medical and post facilities are also offered on campus.
- “Sarvapalli” is the hostel building for the students of PGDM course.
- A separate hostel for both the boys and girls is available on double occupancy basis.
- A full – furnished residential room with attached bathroom is the striking feature of the residential system.
- Recreational, medical and clinic facilities are there in the hostel.
- The hostel dining hall is modern and hygienic and healthy food is served to 70 students at a time in buffet system.
- NIA has maintained above 90% placement record with an average salary package of INR 611,000 per annum and highest salary package staked at INR 968,000 per annum.
- For more information regarding placements please follow the link - http://niapune.com/pgdm/final_placements.php or visit the placements tab on the institute website – niapune.com
Scholarships are only available for reserved category students who have to follow norms laid by the government.
- Last Date of Application: 31st May
- Last Date of Application(For SC/ST students): 10th June
- Completion of degree course for final year students: 30th June
- Start of Academic Session: July
- Total fees for PGDM course for 2 – years, full – time, residential programme is INR 968,000
- Fees to be paid during first year: INR 482,500
- Fees to be paid during first year: INR 485,500
- The fees include basic annual fee, campus accommodation, and hostel dining, professional and incidental expenditure.
- Student loans at low interest rates are available for students for a maximum amount of INR 1,000,000 by leading banks having MOU with NIA..
|Maximum salary offered||970000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||760000|
To pursue MBA at NIA students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.