BLS Institute of Management was set up in 1997 and is approved by AICTE since then. The PGDM course offered by the institute has a number of specializations that a student can take up which cater to contemporary needs. The course attempts to make students ready for the corporate world by subscribing them to a coursework that gives them practical experience by way of exercises like case studies and group activities.How to Apply?
- The candidate will have to fill up the application form and present it on the day of the GD/PI at the institute and pay an application fee of Rs1100 which is non-refundable.
- The following documents need to be submitted along with the application form at the time of GD/PI :
- Original CAT/MAT/XAT Score Card
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate and mark sheets of qualifying examination issued by the Board/University
- Conduct and Character Certificate issued by the last institution attended
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Original Certificates of candidates belonging to the categories SC, ST, Defence and Physically Handicapped and Kashmiri Migrants
- One set of copies of the certificates duly attested
- Copy of passport
- To get more information regarding applications, log on to blsim.org
- The selection of candidates is done on the basis of scores in CAT/MAT/XAT
- The GD/PI forms the most important part of the admission procedure
- The students are expected to take admission in the institute as soon as they clear the GD/PI
- You can download the prospectus of the institute from the website blsim.org
- The aspiring candidate should have a recognized Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- A recognized Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or any other such discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate of marks.
- The candidate is also eligible if he/she has passed the final exam of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Well stocked library with more than 10,000 books, audio visuals and national/international journals
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Classrooms have technological aids for teaching
- Gymnasium available
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities available
- State-of the art off campus hostel available
- Separate hostel for girls and boys
- Rooms are well-furnished
- Housekeeping facilities available
- Hostel mess provides hygienic food of good quality
- Other basic amenities are also provided
- In 2011-12 placements the highest package was Rs.7 lacs and the average package was Rs2.5 lacs
- Some of the key recruiters were:
- Axis Bank
- Cryo Bank
- ICICI Prudential
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Accentures Ltd.
- To get more information regarding the recruiters and the placement procedure you can go to blsim.org
- BLSIM was categorized as an A+ Category Business School as per the survey conducted by Business India in 2007
- Ranked 20th among Best B-Schools in India by Indian Management in 2007 and 10th in Intellectual Capital in India, 9th in Industry Interface in India
- Ranked 20th in the category of Best Business School for Placement by Business World in 2007 and 29th in Return on Investment category in India
- The institute organizes industrial visits for a wholesome education
- There are common rooms that have the facilities of watching television and playing games
- A college fest is conducted
- Trips are also organized
- Last date for receiving applications: 16 June, 2012
- Last date for submission of Applications: 21 June 2012
- GD/PI Dates: 25-30 June 2012
- Results: 30 June 2012
- Release of admission list: 1 July 2012
- Date for acceptance of admission by candidate: 15 July 2012
- Commencement of academic session: 1 August 2012
- The entire course fee is Rs2.57 lacs. It has to be paid in three instalments. The first instalment of Rs30,000 has to be paid within 15 days of receiving an offer letter from BLSIM. The second instalment of Rs1,28,500 has to be paid within 4 weeks of deposit of the first instalment. The third instalment of Rs1,28,500 will have to be paid on 15 July, 2014 for the 2012-2014 batch.
- The hostel fee is Rs45,000 per annum
|Maximum salary offered||720000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||240000|
To pursue MBA at BLSIM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.