Siksha O Anusandhan University is a deemed to be university established in the year 1996 and has been accredited with an A grade by the NAAC. The university is located in Bhubneshwar, Odisha and has been ranked 33rd best national institution and 20th best university in NIRF.
The University consists of nine degree granting schools along with colleges and all its programs are nationally accredited for the meeting up of high standards of the quality education. It has been approved and recognized by UGC, NAAC and NABL.
It offers courses in various disciplines including engineering, management, medicine, law, biotechnology, science, humanities, nano-technology, agriculture etc.
During the initial period, it was affiliated to the Utkal University and then subsequently became affiliated to the Biju Patnaik University of Technology in the years 2002 and 2007. The university has a friendly campus spread over 200 acres of land in the temple city of Bhubhneswar, Odisha
Application and Admission Procedure
How to apply?
The application procedure for all courses is common. The candidates need to fill up and submit the application form in offline mode only.
Below is a step by step explanation of how can one apply to this university-
- Visit the university official site. Register yourself by entering name, email ID and phone no.
- You will receive verification code in their registered mobile no.
- Then you need to create a new account. After that, you can get their login details in their email ID. Later, log in to their portal and fill up personal details such as name, address. Gender etc.
- Upload the scanned copy of their recent photo and signature. All the images should be in JPG/Gif format.
- After uploading the images you need to click the Agree on term and conditions. After that, you will get Thank s message on their monitor. Then you need to click the submit button.
NOTE- The University does not charge any application fee from the applicants.
The candidates need to download the Admit Card from the official website by clicking the Admit Card link. For that, you need to enter their username and password and then download it.
The university conducts its own entrance exam for all offered courses and i.e SAAT.
Hostel and Facilities
Siksha O Anusandhan
For the admission into one of the 4 girls’ and 9 boys’ hostel, SOA university students are required to submit an application form to the Chief Hostel Superintendent. Final decision of room allotment is solely done on lottery basis and the list of final students is displayed on the website. The selected students then have to fill hostel admission form and submit it along with the other required documents. The rooms may be triple or quadruple sharing and mess is a necessity. The in-time on weekdays is 7PM and the visiting hours are 5PM-7PM every-day. The library is open until 8PM and it is mandatory for all the students to switch off the lights at 12:00AM sharp. The hostels provide 24 hours wifi with laundry, TV, activity room and indoor sports complex. All the students are prohibited from using any type of electrical appliances.