Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology was established in 1992 by Prof. Achyuta Samanta whose central purpose in setting up the institution was the development of society. It is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The Institute is privately owned and is accredited by the NAAC and is approved by the AICTE and UGC.
The campus is vast with essential accommodations such as Café, Library, Lecture Halls, Hospital, Auditorium, Laboratory, Gym, Stores, Swimming Pool, Computer Lab, Counselling Centre etc. A good number of buses are available for the comfortable travelling of students and staff.
Most of the UG, PG and higher level research courses are offered these schools:
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electronics Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Computer Engineering
- School of Computer Application
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Law
- School of Management
- School of Rural Management
- School of Film and Media Sciences
- School of Public Health
The admission criteria for any of the courses depends upon the score in KIIT Entrance Exam (KIITEE) which is conducted by the institute. GATE/ KLSAT entrance exams are also considered for different courses.
There are various clubs and annual events students can participate in. Social work is facilitated by the NCC and NSS participants. KIIT recently inaugurated a TEDx platform for enriching talks.
Application and Admission Procedure
KALINGA INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY (KIIT)
situated in Bhubaneswar and offers a number of UG, PG and Doctoral courses. The admissions are based on the eligibility criteria. A percentile of 45-60% is compulsory for the UG courses and 50-55% for the PG courses.
Admissions to all the courses in KIIT are done by KIITEE (KIIT Entrance Exam) except for MBBS, BDS, PG Medical, PG Dental courses which is done on the basis of NEET exam. The Institute also accepts other exam scores-
UGAT Score/ Career marks and PI marks
HOW TO APPLY:
- Register on the official website of KIITEE and fill in the online application form.
- After filling in the application form you need to sign on a specific location and affix two passport size photographs on the form. This form then needs to be submitted through post/courier to the address mentioned below.
- The online application form will be accepted subject to the receipt of the printed application; photographs and the copy of 10th mark sheet or else the candidate can upload the scanned copy of everything required and complete the process.
- There will be confirmation message on the screen if everything is done correctly.
- Admit cards for KIITEE can be downloaded from the official website and it should be preserved for further admission process.
- Slot booking is done for KIITEE only for registered candidates who are done on first come first serve basis.
Hostel and Facilities
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology offers segregated hostels for boys and girls which have the following facilities:
- 30% rooms with A/C
- 24/7 Wi-fi, water and power
- Canteens for each hostel with Indian and Continental cuisines
- 24/7 reading room availability
- Dining hall
- Indoor games room
A separate hostel is available for foreign students.
There is a health club, medical centre, swimming pool and playground built for physical and mental wellness of students. Apart from these, certain other facilities are available for students as well:
- Computer lab
- Conference halls and stadiums
- ICICI bank and Punjab National Bank and ATMs
- Post office
It also harbors a guest house and a Railway Reservation Centre and provides transportation services through its private buses.
Several technical and cultural events keep taking place throughout the year such as Conference on Applied Electromagnetics, Signal Processing and Communication; INSCR International Conference and others.
|Maximum salary offered||2700000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||480000|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates