Mahendra engineering college for women is established by the Mahendra Educational Trust under the visionary leadership of renowned educationalist Shri.M.G.Bharathkumar, who is the Chairman of the Trust and a well-known Philanthropist in this region.
Realising the importance of technical education for women, Mahendra Educational trust started its first college exclusively for women, Mahendra engineering college for women in 2008, at Kumaramangalam in Tiruchengode, Namakkal District. The college is an AICTE approved institution, affiliated to Anna university Coimbatore, and offers four undergraduate programmes in the field of Engineering and Technology.
To establish a Centre of Excellence in technical education, research and extension activities in order to create engineers and technologists to cater to the societal needs.
To accomplish its unique vision, the College has a far-reaching mission that aims:
- To offer higher education in engineering and technology with highest level of ethical standards;
- To help upgrade the living conditions of rural masses by extending the opportunities for higher education;
- To equip the young minds with upto-date knowledge, courage conviction, wisdom, creativity and passion for innovation
Courses Offered :-
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Tele Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||TNEA||General||108 Marks||2015|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TNEA||General||122 Marks||2015|
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||TNEA||General||93 Marks||2016|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||TNEA||General||97 Marks||2016|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TNEA||General||128 Marks||2016|
To pursue MBA at MECW students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.