RVS Institute of Management studies was established in 2008 by RVS Educational Trust to provide education to a brand of future managers with quality training and skill – set required in the contemporary and competitive industrial field. The college campus is situated at Kannampalayam Post, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. Also for their Holistic education approach, RVSIMS has been certified the Education Leadership Award – 2012 by the Knowledge Resource Development and Welfare Group. RVSIMS is also known to have signed MoUs with University of Nebraska Omaha and Coimbatore Productivity Council.How to Apply
Applicants can download application form from the institute’s website - http://www.rvsim.ac.in/ or directly go to the link - http://www.rvsim.ac.in/downloads.php and fill the application form which is a PDF to be printed and send it to the institute address. Applicants need to enclose with the application two sets of photocopies of the following documents:
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th / +2 Mark Sheet
- UG consolidated or Individual Semester Mark Sheets
- Provisional or Degree Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Entrance Mark Sheet (TANCET) Original Counseling allotment order or Consortium Mark Sheet
- 2 Pass Port Size Photos
Note: For more enquiries regarding applications contact over email to firstname.lastname@example.orgAdmission Procedure:
- Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu has proposed generalized norms for admissions under Government or General Quota which are based on Higher Secondary School marks.
- The decisions of Admissions under management quota are made by the institute itself based on Consortium of Self – Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamil Nadu, Chennai Common Entrance Test.
RVSIMS provides 2 year full - time MBA course in Finance, Marketing, HR and Systems. The exams considered for admission to MBA are TANCET and Common Entrance Test by Consortium of Self – Financing Professional, Arts and Science Colleges in Tamil Nadu, Chennai.
RVSIMS is approved of 120 seats (2013-2014) for the MBA programme by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).Cut off
The criteria for cut – off is as generalized by government norms.Eligibility Criteria
A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized university or institute can apply for the MBA programme while students who are in the final year of their bachelor’s programme may also apply provided that they complete their degree before the commencement of MBA programme at RVSIMS. Students who have opted for a degree post their diploma are also eligible for admission.Campus Facilities
- RVSIMS provides some of the best central amenities and facilities in/around the campus for the students such as well furnished class – rooms, tutorial halls, library and a state-of-the-art computer centre.
- Also, a back – up power supply (generator) for the college and the hostels (Boys/Girls) keeps the institute running during power – cuts.
- Open Air – Theater/ auditorium, Seminar halls, Medical facilities, common rooms, etc are few of the other facilities offered by RVSIMS.
- The campus also has transportation facilities, rain – water harvesting plant, Gymnasium, Indoor/outdoor stadium along with potable water amenities.
Well – stacked and exclusive Boys and Girls hostels are available for boarding students.Placements
- Companies that recruited the students from the batch of 2014 – 2015 were Shoppers Stop Ltd., Thyrocare technologies Ltd., Indian Chemicals and Minerals, Sans Pareil IT services Private Ltd., Micro Lab, IDBI Federal LIC Limited, VWR Lab Product Pvt. Ltd., EP Software Technologies and Statestreet HCL services Ltd.
- A total of 36 students were placed from Campus recruitment/placements.
- Follow the link for more information on placement summary for 2014 – 2015 batch of MBA programme at RVSIMS - http://www.rvsim.ac.in/doc/2013-2015.pdf ,also the placement brochure can be found via the link - http://www.rvsim.ac.in/doc/pb2013-2015.pdf
In list of India’s Best Business Schools by Business Today Magazine, RVSIMS was ranked at 189 in 2014. (Full ranking details can be found via this link - http://bschools.businesstoday.in/?year=2014&college=RVS-Institute-of-Management-Studies-Coimbatore&rank=189)Scholarships
- The criteria of scholarships offered by the government is fixed by the state of Tamil Nadu while the criteria for fee waivers, scholarships awarded by the college trust is based on performance and economic background of the student among other considerations by the institute.
- A total of 209 students over 7 years of history of RVSIMS were awarded scholarships by the government with a sum total of INR 2,223,373
Details of MBA programme fees are as stated by the state government for the institute.
The hostel fees are estimated as below per student
- Boarding: INR 20,000 per annum
- Food: INR 3000 per month
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at RVSIM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.