MDI, Gurgaon is a private business school which was established in the year 1973 by the industrial finance corporation of India and is located in Gurgaon as a commercial hub near New Delhi.
The lush green campus accommodates the entire infrastructure inside in a systematic and organized way. The campus is spread over 37 acres of land in Gurgaon. It is 12km from the Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi. The pretty campus is surrounded by red brick buildings dotted with trees.
The second urban campus is in Murshidabad, West Bengal. It has been accredited by the Association of MBA’s i.e. AMBA and was reaccredited in the year 2011.
The institute also holds a south Asian quality assurance system accreditation which was awarded in the year 2005 by the Association’s International Accreditation Advisory Board. It has been ranked as one of the top business B school in India.
The main objective of the university is to impart excellent quality education to the students in the most appropriate manner.
Hostel and Facilities
MDI Gurgaon has the following features facilities with regard to the hostel and other on-campus infrastructure
The male students of MDI are provided accommodation on twin-sharing basis in Change Masters and twin-sharing/four-sharing basis in Kshitij. There are separate hostel blocks for the girl students called Oddessy (twin-sharing) & Kaveri (twin/triple sharing).
- The rooms are provided with a bed, a study table, a chair, a cupboard and the usual fixtures.
- The students may bring their own mattress, bed linen, toiletries and locks for almirah and hostel rooms though these are also available in the student-run Co-operative Store “MART”.
- The hostel mess has a diverse range of food options and does so at no extra cost. Network & Internet connectivity is being provided in the student’s hostels.
- All the Executives hostel are provided Computer System in their room with Internet connectivity.
- MDI has both a traditional library with a collection of over 50000 books along with a digital library with a collection of 15000 books and e-journals. The online library portal is accessible across the campus network on a 24×7 basis.
- MDI has 2 Computer Labs equipped with the 130 numbers state of the art computing facilities along with several distinguishing components. Apart from that, MDI has 55 Mbps dedicated Internet leased line offers high speed and uninterrupted Internet connectivity from anywhere on the campus, through the campus LAN.
- Golf Course, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Recreation Room, T.V. Lounge and Canteen are some of the facilities provided on campus
- Gymnasium and Yoga Classes are also additional facilities for the fitness enthusiasts.
|Maximum salary offered||2840000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||1840000|
To pursue MBA at MDI students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.