About the institute
JK Business School by the JK Group is located in Gurgaon, Haryana. The Institute offers the flagship PGDM course and also the PGDBM course. It has a strong foreign collaboration with the California State University and this widens the opportunities available to students.
How to apply?
The application form and prospectus can be obtained either directly from the admission office by paying Rs. 700/- in cash or can be downloaded from the following website: http://jkbschool.org/application-form/JKBS-application-form.pdf
The duly filled application form is to be sent to the office along with a DD of Rs. 750 if downloaded from the website. It is available on the following link:
The DD should be drawn in favour of “JKBS Fee Collection Account” payable at Gurgaon or New Delhi. More details are available on the following link: http://jkbschool.org/admissions.html
Once the candidates submit the application forms, selection is done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Performance in MAT/CMAT/CAT or any such national entrance for management subjects.
- Performance in group discussion and personal interview.
- Performance in academics in the past, work experience and other activities.
More information is available on the information brochure: http://jkbschool.org/application-form/JKBS-prospectus.pdf
To be eligible for admission in the Institute, the following is necessary-
- Candidate must have appeared for MAT/CMAT/CAT or any other national management entrance exam. GMAT or GRE scores are accepted for NRI students.
- Candidate must be a graduate in any Bachelors’ or any equivalent degree from a university recognized by the AIU or UGC.
- If the candidate is appearing for the final year examinations, provisional admission is given on the condition that the scores are submitted by October 31st.
Campus Facilities (i.e. Infrastructure)
The campus of the university is well spread and was awarded for the best infrastructure among management colleges by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)in April 2015.It has spacious classrooms with audio-visual aids and internet connectivity. The campus also includes tutorial halls, a well stocked library and information centre, a computer centre, an air conditioned auditorium, sports facilities, a cafeteria and medical facilities.
Separate air conditioned hostels are available to both girls and boys. The hostels have gymnasiums, aerobic rooms and various sports facilities. It also has well functioning mess and first aid facilities.
The placement and internship department plays a vital role successfully and ensures that all students get ample opportunity. Some of the top recruiters include naukri.com, PepsiCo., Coca Cola, Reliance Industries Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., Raymond, ICICI Securities, FedEx, UltraTech Cement, Videocon, etc.
Many students received international placement packages in companies like Midland Group of Companies (UAE) with a package of 13.8 lakhs per annum. The highest package for domestic placements was Rs. 6.25 lakhs per annum.
- Ranked5thbest B-Schoolin Haryana byGHRDC-CSR in 2014
- Ranked 24th in the Best Emerging B-school in India by GHRDC-CSR in 2014
- Awarded with Excellence in Education Award by CSR in 2015
- Awarded for the best infrastructure among management colleges by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)in April 2015
- Ranked in the A++ category for B-Schools by Business India in 2013
- Awarded the “Top Institute of India Award” by CSR in 2012.
- Ranked in the A+++ category for Business Schools by Just Careers Survey in 2011.
A number of events are organized by the students of the Institute,namely the Alumni meet, Freshers’ meet, Academia Meet, the JKBS Cultural fest and many more. An annual Blood Donation Camp is organized by the Institute.
The total fee for the entire course is Rs.5,00,000 excluding the laptop charges and international tour charges. A refundable security deposit of Rs. 10,000 is required. The hostel charges are Rs. 1,18,000 for double occupancy rooms and Rs. 88000 for triple occupancy rooms.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at JKBS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.