The university was established in 2009 by Naveen Jindal inthe memory of his father OP. Jindal. It is a private university located in Sonipat Haryana. The university has 7 schools that cater to faculties of law, business, public policy, arts, journalism, international affairs and architecture. Around 2000 students study at the university. The university has a number of international collaborations –
- University of Texas, Dallas (US),
- European Business School, GoetheUniversity, Germany
- The University of New Brunswick, Carleton University, Canada;
- Queen Mary University of London
- Suffolk University, Boston
The university is popular for its law school which is spread over 80 acres. It offer graduate and post graduate degrees in law – BA/BBA LLB (3 year program) and LLM (1 year program).
The university has won many awards at national and international level. It was recently ranked at second place by India Today as top emerging law college.
The university offers multiple scholarships at UG and PG level – O.P Jindal Outstanding Merit Scholarships, Naveen Jindal Young Global Scholarships, Savitri Jindal Merit-cum-Means Fellowships and Shallu Jindal Outstanding Women Scholarships.
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the following steps to apply for any of the courses offered by O.P. Jindal Global University.
- Register on the official website.
- Verify your email id.
- Fill the online application form with necessary details and choices.
- Upload the required scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee to complete the process.
The following steps should be followed to submit your online application for admission into the courses offered by the University.
- Register at the official website of the University by filling in your name, email address, mobile number, state, city, and program details.
- An Application Number will be displayed which would be used for further communications.
- Fill in the application form.
- Scanned copies of recent 2×2 colour headshot and signature need to be uploaded.
- Then the student needs to select his course.
- After the selection the applicant needs to provide a proof that they belong to Haryana and SC status.
- Submit the application fee to complete the process.
Hostel and Facilities
The O P Jindal University has a University Hall of Residence for its students. The hall has many blocks.
There are separate blocks for male and female students.
Each block has corridors, common rooms and open spaces. The rooms are well furnished and well spacious. The surrounding of the blocks are decorated with flowers, trees and bushes.
The university also provides the students living in the campus with many facilities, like Gymnasium, Outdoor games and Indoor Games.
It also provides kitchens with all the basic facilities needed for the students. The campus is well maintained and has tight security to maintain the safety and security of the students living in the campus.
The University celebrates all the occasion with equal charm as it strongly believes in unity in diversity and also requests the students to participate in the occasions. Every year annual programme and sports is organised by the O P Jindal University.
|Maximum salary offered||1450000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||750000|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates