Why to join Katihar Medical College, Katihar, Bihar?
- Beautiful campus with all kind of facilities: The campus of Katihar Medical College is outstandingly beautiful and is spread over 7,00,000 square feet. The college consists of various building dwelling different facilities such as administrative block, lecture theatre, hostels, critical and casualty services, OPD, 550 bed hospitals with modern operation theatre, radiology with CT scan, microbiology, biochemistry and pathology labs, auditoriums, etc.
- 50 percent reserved seat: For the Muslim minority population, 50 percent of the seats are reserved.
- Great library facility: The college library is located in the head building covering an area of 5000 square feet. It has well-furnished reading library rooms. More than 14,000 books are available in every aspect of medical sciences, and it also subscribes to more than hundred national as well as International journals.
Facts & Figures :-
|Governing body||Al-Karim Educational Trust|
|Affiliation||B. N. Mandal University|
|laboratory||Computer labs, e- journal facilities available.|
|Institutional area||60000 square feet|
|Library||14991 books, 67 Indian Journal & 67 foreign journals|
|How to reach||The campus is located 5 kilometres away from Katihar Railway Junction on Katihar- Purnia road.|
- Department of Anatony
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Medicine
- Department of microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Surgery
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBBS/BDS at Katihar Medical College students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The candidate should be 17 years old (as on 31st December of the admission year). He/She should have appeared for an exam cosidered to be equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam and studied PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The candidate should have studied English at 10+2 level. Candidate satisfying any of the following criteria are also eligible -
1) Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate examination in science with subjects PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English. Those who have appeared for pre-professional/pre-medical exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and have appeared for 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or intermediate exam are also eligible.
2) Candidates who have passed the first year of a 3 year degree course with subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology are also eligible.
3)Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and who have cleared 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam with PCB are also eligible.
Marks obtained in Maths are not considered for admission into the MBBS course.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
For post-graduation courses, performance in first, second and MBBS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.