About Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce (BMCC), Pune
It was established in 1943 by the Deccan Education Society with a view to providing enlightened leadership and trained manpower in the field of commerce and business to the country which was on the threshold of independence. The College has been recognized with several awards and prizes in the recent past. It has bagged the first prize from the Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishthan, Mumbai for the Annual Magazine 'Artha Vyavahar-2001'. It was the most prestigious occasion to receive the 'Best College Award' of the University of Pune in 2002 under the quality improvement program. The college has also bagged the 'Best NSS Unit Award' of the University of Pune in 2004.
- BMCC was affiliated with the Bombay University and in 1949 It got affiliated to University of Pune and accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC in 2009.
- BMCC is situated in the educational epicenter of Pune, at the foothill of Ferguson College and it has recently earned the award of ‘College with potential for excellence’ from UGC.
- The college has completed 68 years of its fruitful existence.
- It has produced outstanding students, who have rendered yeoman's service in different areas of national life - Professions, Industry, Business, Politics, Sports and Public Life in general.
Departments within the college
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Finance
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Marathi
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Economics
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Business Administration
- It has bagged the First Prize from the Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishthan, Mumbai for Annual Magazine 'Artha Vyavahar - 2001'
- It received the 'Best College Award' of the University of Pune in February, 2002 under the Quality Improvement Programme
- The college has also bagged the 'Best NSS Unit Award' of the University of Pune in February, 2004
- The annual magazine 'Artha Vyavahar' has been recognized by the University with Best Magazine Award
- In sports, the college teams declared champion in recent University Competitions in swimming, table tennis, water polo, badminton, lawn tennis, chess, gymnastics, and runner up’s in basketball, cricket
- Address:845, BMCC Road, Deccan Gymkhana, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004
- Phone:020 6686 6200