It was established in 2006. It is a semi government institute and is affiliated to BIT Mesra. It has been approved by AICTE.
It is located in Patna, Bihar, India. It provides various facilities like auditorium, hostels, medical care, gym, on campus Wi-Fi, transport service, library, sports complex, cafeteria, and computer labs.
Students are admitted into the college through JEE Mains.
Undergraduate courses offered:
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Information Technology
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Production Engineering
Postgraduate courses offered:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Post Doctorate courses:
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Production Engineering
Application and Admission Procedure
How to Apply
The application process is conducted online. Candidates have to register on the online portal (not yet open for applications as of now), carefully fill their relevant personal and academic information and course details into the form, before pay the application fee through online payment gateway of INR 2500 (General Category) or INR 1500 (SC/ST) via Net Banking, Debit Card/Credit Card, and finally clicking on “Submit” for further processing of the application.
Candidates are required to take a printout of the completed application form and to retain it with them, as they will be required to present it at time of reporting for the GD and PI rounds of admission for the concerned courses.
Documents to be uploaded
Passport size photo
Documents to be kept at hand
Photocopies of marksheets/pass certificates/degree certificates
The original copy of the payment receipt shouldbe attached along with printoutof online application form.
The admission into the undergraduate programs is based on merit (Class 12th marks) followed by scoring in the JEE Mains (for BE) or the NATA (for B. Arch).
The admission into the postgraduate programs is also based on merit (Bachelor’s degree marks) followed by scoring in the GATE test (for ME and M. Tech).
The admission into the Ph. D. programs requires a PG degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate of 50% or equivalent CGPA of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India.
Any counselling process required is done by BITP’s parent institution BIT Mesra.
Hostel and Facilities
BIT Patna has decent hostel and accommodation facilities. They have a total of four hostels with 3 for boys and 1 girls hostel. 24×7 running water and electricity are provided in all the hostels. Students have the option to choose from one seater, two seater and four seater rooms.
- Wardrobe for each student with one bed and table & chair is mandatorily provided.
- Separate Veg and Non-Veg options are available for the hoteliers in the mess facility.
- Internet Connectivity round the clock is provided through LAN.
- Bus facilities are also available for the campus residents
- Health Dispensary within the campus with resident medical Doctors and an ambulance. It also has a small medical store which provides students with the necessary medicines and first-aid.
- The institute bus plies through main roads to Railway station and Gandhi Maidan several times a day. Special arrangements are also made to drop and pick-up students at the time of vacations and campus placements.
- Outdoor sports facilities such as Tennis courts, Football ground are available
- The ATM of Punjab National Bank is installed within the campus in the administrative building.
- A state of the art Computer LAB with various courses has also been provisioned
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at BIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.