Institute of Productivity and Management (IPM), Ghaziabadwas established in 1977 by a man whose dream was to bring management education to the common man.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has recognized the programs offered by this institution.
- The Institute is in the process of conceptualizing and launching a Programme on Entrepreneurial Development through regular classes. The course will be delivered in collaboration with University of Greenwich
- IPM has created a Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMRC) which has a varied and rich multi-tasking relationship with established and emerging CFE's of the world. It has two units: Entrepreneurship Management & Consultancy Cell (EMCC) and Research and Development Cell (RDC).
- The Institute has strategic linkages with the following business schools: Estonian Business School, Tallinn, Estonia; CEU-Business School, Budapest, Hungary and Central & East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN). The institutes will mainly collaborate in the areas of student exchange, applied research, entrepreneurial projects
- It has good placement record and some of the companies include Jindal Tradex Pvt. Ltd., Karvy Stock Broking Limited, Kotak Manhindra Bank Ltd., PINEWOOD Technologies & Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Pitney Bowes Mapinfo India Pvt. Ltd, Royal Crest Media & Communication Pvt. Ltd. and Strategic Analysis (India) Private Limited.
Research:The Research & Development Cell (RDC) of IPM has been established to fulfill two major goals/ objectives which are providing business solutions to the corporate world and academic research in business management. When it comes to academic research in management the primary aim is to mold existing tools and techniques and develop new approaches to make them more effective. Some of the latest projects include:
Comparison of explanatory power of Index returns vis--vis Beta regarding individual security returns in Indian Stock Market
- Cost-effectiveness and efficiency enhancement through e-banking route in public banks
- Empirical study of attributes used by young consumers when gauging a fashion product
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at IPM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.