Pune Institute of Business Management
Pune Institute of Business Management an institute dedicated to produce world leaders and managers. The institute that provides two year diplomma in management tries to offer its students high value business management education. The college has a vision of making itself hallmark of professional excellence by adopting a holistic approach of learning. It is its mission to develop action oriented leaders of extra ordinary tenacity.
How to Apply
The students who wish to pursue the MBA/PGDM program need to apply for the same either at the institute or online by paying Rs. 1500/- . You can apply for admission online by visiting this link https://pibm.net. Or you can download the form from http://www.pibm.in/PIBM%20Admission%20Form.pdf this link provided and submit the same at the institute alongwith Rs. 1500. Admission form can also be obtained by sending the DD in favour of “Pune Institute of Business Management” payable at Pune. The candidate must satisfy these conditions in order to be eligible for the program.
- Graduate degree in any discipline with a 60% aggregate
- Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/PMAT/CMAT Scores
The students who wish to apply for the course need to fill in the application and submit the same with the scores of the entrance examination. In case one does not have a score of any exam organised by central or state government, then he need to appear for PMAT organised by PIBM and attain a valid score. Based on the score obtained in CAT/MAT/XAT/PMAT/GMAT the candidates would be shortilisted and only after which they will be called in for the screening process. The screening process consists of GD and PI rounds and the accumulative score of all three rounds is taken to release the final merit list of the students.
PIBM provides two-year full-time post-graduate diploma in management or MBA programme.
A candidate who wants to pursue a PGDM/MBA course from PIBM must have completed his graduation degree in a program of minimum three years duration. He should have also attained more than 50% in his final examination. Apart from this the candidate should possess a valid score of competitive examinations such as CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/PMAT.
- A fully Wi-Fi enabled campus so that the students can have access to resources anytime and anywhere.
- Spacious and modernised classrooms with the multimedia systems for easy learning.
- A well established library with more than 5000 books on management and subscription to various journals.
- A multi purpose auditorium where events such as Guest Lectures etc are organised.
- A well equipped computer lab with all the latest technology is also provided.
- Other amenities include, medical centre, sports and recreational centre, cafeteria etc.
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2013-15 batch were Shoppers Stop, TATA Consultancy, American Express, DHL, ICICI Prudential etc.
- Maximum package offered to the student of PGDM program was 14 lacs whereas the maximum for MBA program was Rs. 8 Lacs.
- To know more about the placement of PIBM you can visit this link http://www.pibm.in/Placement.aspx
The fee structure for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM) is as follows:
- Tution Fees to Be paid in 1st year= Rs. 3,00,000/-
- Second instalment to be paid in second year = Rs. 2,90,000/-
*Charges such as hostel ,uniform, etc account for Rs. 1,70,000/-
Various extra curricular activities are organised at the college such as:
- Industrial visits for the students to get a taste of corporate world.
- Fests and cultural programs
- Sports competition such as Soccer Tournament.
- Visits to under privildged sections of socities are also conducted to give students a glimpse of the world.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at PIBM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.