Dispur College was established in 1978, with classes being held at Gopal Boro Govt. Higher Secondary School in the evening shift with arts faculty only. The founder principal was Sri Ghana Kanta Chetia Phukan. The college came into existence to meet the growing demand for higher education due to the shifting of the capital of Assam from Shillong to Dispur.
During the tenure of Principal, Reba Kanta Hazarika the college shifted to its present premises in 1987, at the foothill of Narakasur Hill near Ganeshguri Chariali, Dispur, in the heart of Guwahati City. The night shift was discontinued and classes were converted to day shift. A morning shift was introduced to meet the demands of the students of the locality. From the academic session 1991-92 the commerce stream was introduced. Due to changing needs and demand for professional education, the college introduced BBA and BCA from the session 2007-08. The College has also introduced Open and Distance Education through Career Oriented Courses under IGNOU Convergence Scheme, K.K. Handique State Open University from the session 2008-2009. Assam State Open Schooling (ASOS) and IDOL, GU courses has also been introduced from the session 2009-2010.
Why to Join Dispur College?
- Dispur College is the foremost in placements and recruitment programs.
- In some cases, the students manage to get a desirable job even before the completion of their graduation.
- The college welcomes new and constructive ideas that will add to the benefit of the society.
- The Institution tries to bring an economical change in the society with the help of proper teaching and education to their students.
Facts & Figures :-
|Founder||Sri Ghana Kanta Chetia Phukan|
|NAAC Accreditation Grade||B|
|Total On-Campus Strength||450|
|Campus||Beautiful Campus at the foothill of Narakasur Hill near Ganeshguri Chariali, Dispur,|
|Nearest Metropolitan City||7.7 km from Guwahati|
|How to Travel||5 km from Guwahati Railway Station|
- Department of English
- Department of Assamese
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of History
- Department of Political science
- Department of Accountancy
- Department of Management
- Department of Finance
- Department of Business Mathematics & Statistics
- Department of Economics
- Department of Education
For more details about admission please contact :-
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone/Fax : 0361-2340530