RVS College of Engineering and Technology, the brain child of Shri Binda Singh, Chairman of RVS Educational Trust was set up in the year 2004 in the Steel city, Jamshedpur, with a mission to provide higher education in the field of engineering to the under privileged at an affordable cost and means. The Academic Value is given an utmost importance with an aim to provide a comprehensive and contemporary engineering education.
Ran Vijay Singh College of Engineering and Technology (RVSCET), a unit of RVS Education Trust, Jamshedpur is an innovative institute committed to develop programmes designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the National and International arena.
RVS Educational Trust was founded in 2001 by its Chairman Mr. Binda Singh to pay a tribute to Late Sri Ran Vrjay Singh, a great thinker and social reformer with strong determination and commitment to foster a holistic approach towards the development of general and technical education as well as research and development to create a band of highly creative technocrats who will contribute in “Nation Building”.
RVSCET is the First Private Engineering College in the industrial city of Jamshedpur. The college was inaugurated on 24.05.04 by the Chief Minister of Jharkhand in presence of the Minister for Human Resource Development. It is one of the best institute in private sector in the state dedicated specially to the people of Jharkhand to lead the state to prosperity through technical education and involvement for the cause of the society. The mission of the institute is to provide an excellent quality technical education coupled with activities to further enhance social and intellectual growth.
This institute is approved by AICTE, New Delhi, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India in the year 2004 and subsequently by the Department of Science & Technology and Information Technology, Govt. of Jharkhand. It is affiliated to Kolhan University.
The courses offered here are well designed in order to meet the need of global market. There are many industries in and around Jamshedpur city (including TISCO, TATA MOTORS etc.), the students will have enough opportunities to interact with the industries for training/ visit during their period of study.
- To develop human resources of the region in the field of engineering and technology and also in high technology areas. We started with Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer application branches. Further extension in various other branches is under consideration and will be done in course of time.
- To promote accelerated growth of Electronics, IT and Engineering industries in the region and to enhance self reliance in technologies, System Engineering, Industrial Design, Pilot Production etc.
- To undertake Application-oriented, Region-specific Research and Developmental work pertaining to various branches of engineering in mission oriented and time bound manner.
- To forge institutional linkage between Academic, R&D institutions and industries and to develop Commercial Technologies.
- To impart job oriented education as far as possible.
Vision & Mission
Creation of Human Asset through employable education in contemporary technology.To be at par excellence Technical Education Centre.
Education is universally recognized as an important investment in building human capital which is a driver for technological innovation and economic growth. Application of science and engineering.
The vision of the trust is to create a world renowned technical education center by imparting quality education to the students belonging to both privileged and under privileged society and inculcating in them the quality of leadership and executive competence to face the challenges of Jharkhand State in particular and global in general.