Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering
Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering was established by Shri Sant Gajanan in the year 1983. The institute is affiliated to Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University and has been approved by DTE. The institute that has been training and developing leader for the past three decades has produced numerous leaders and world-class With the vision to impart world-class training to the students the institute not only focuses on theoretical knowledge but also provides practical experience. It is the mission of the Institute to produce competent and technically efficient engineers as well as managers.
How to Apply
There are two types of admission accepted by the college for two different types of candidates:
- First are the candidates who have attained their bachelor’s degree in any course of minimum three years duration and scored more than 50 % marks in the same.
- Second are the candidates who are in the final year. They can also apply for this program provided that they complete their degree before commencement of the course with a minimum of 50%.
All these students need to fill in the admission form and pay Rs. 1000/- as the examination fees at their examination centre. They will be allotted institute level seats based on the merit list.
The student who has appeared for examination such as CAT/XAT/ATMA or MMS-CET/MAH-MBA will be allotted the seats based on DTE CAP rounds.
- Candidates who have not appeared for any competitive test but have a bachelor degree in hand or are in final year of any undergraduate course need to appear for CET. Their admission is based on the final CET score based on which merit list is prepared, and admission are made.
- The candidates who have appeared for competitive examination will be allocated admission through DTE CAP rounds.
The people who wish to pursue this course need to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline that is of minimum three years of duration. Final year students can also apply provided that their degree is completed before the commencement of the course. Candidates should also have appeared in any of the examination such as CAT/ATMA/XAT etc. Or either they should appear in the CET organised by competent authority.
Spread over in 72 acres of land with state of art infrastructure and world class amenities.
- All the classes are spacious and well maintained. They are equipped with audio-visual aids to make teaching easier.
- There are various sports and recreational centre available, where the students can play some indoor and outdoor games.
- A well-maintained canteen with healthy and nutritious foods.
- A widespread auditorium with the capacity of 1200 is used to organised events and seminars.
- Apart from this the college has Bank, Dispensary, ST/PCO call service and other basic services.
There are five hostels for boys and three hostels for a girl with the option of twin sharing or three sharing available. All these hostels are well equipped with necessities such as running water etc.
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2013-15 batch were Airtel, Vodafone, Amul, AFL Logistics, Kotak Securities, Bajaj Allianz, India Infoline, Mojj Engineering Sevices, Planet Ford, State Bank of India, etc.
- To know more about the placement of institute you can visit this link http://mgmt-ssgmce.org/mba/placementMBA.aspx?mid=36
There are some scholarships for meritious students as well as students from EWS categories. Some of them are:
- Full Fee Waiver: It is offered to the students admitted through CAP and belonging to SC/ST category.
- Half Fee Waiver: Awarded to students admitted through CAP and belonging to OBC category.
- Ku. Priyanka Aggarwal Prize: Awarded to the topper boy and girl of the first year.
- Bokad Prize: Awarded to the topper student of M.B.A.
The College has a total course fee of around Rs. 2 lakhs.
The division of tuition fee is as follows:
- 89,810 is to be paid as the tuition fee for the first year
- 92,115 is to be paid for the second year.
*Apart from this hostel charges of Rs. 20,000 is to be paid extra. Plus, a caution money of Rs. 10,000 is to be paid which is refundable at the end of the course.
Number of committees have been formed at the institute that tend to ignite the artistic side or the extracurricular side of the students. Some of the committees formed are:
- Quiz Committee
- Seminar Committee
- Industrial Tour Committee
- Sports Committee
- Group Discussion Committee
- Cultural Committee
Various programs are organised by these committees that act as a stress buster for the students after a hectic studying schedule.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SSGMCE students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.