Indus University was awarded a university status in 2012. It was formerly known as Indus Institute of Technology and Engineering which was set up in 2006. The university is located in Ahmedabad, Gajarat and it is promoted by Bhandari Charitable Trust.
The university has signed a MoU with Dassault Systemes. Under this agrrement, the university will established Collaborative Learning and Innovation Centre (CLIC).
The university has a campus spread over 16 acres of land. It offers UG, PG and integrated courses in technology, architecture and science.
The university has formed a tie-up with Sias International University to set up a establish a Centre of Excellence for Innovation at the university campus in China.
The courses offered by the university are approved by UGC, AICTE and Council of Architecture. The university has following constituent colleges –
- Institute of Design Environment and Architecture (IDEA)
- Indus Institute of Technology and Engineering (IITE)
- Institute of Information and Communication Technology (IICT)
- Institute of Aviation Technology and Engineering (IATE)
- Indus center for research, innovation and skill development (ICRISD)
- Indus Institute of Management Studies (IIMS)
- Indus Institute of Special Studies (IISS).