Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Dental College and Hospital, Pune was established in 1989 to fulfill aspirations of students to obtain professional education and growing demand for education in dentistry in this region. Initially it was affiliated to the University of Poona. In April 1996, it became a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth University. The college has been recognized by the Dental Council of India. Over the years, this College has earned recognition and reputation at the National and International level. Currently, one undergraduate, eight postgraduate courses and eight PhD courses are offered at this College.
The Dental College and Hospital is private pioneering institute in this part of the state in the field of dental education. All our graduates have made a name for themselves in private practice, employment and higher studies in India as well as abroad. The College has very progressive and pragmatic environment developed by highly qualified and experienced teaching staff using most modern and innovative teaching aids and methodology. We emphasize on simulated and real life experience based learning.
Why To Join Bharati Vidyapeeth Dental College And Hospital, Pune ?
- The infrastructure: With its huge infrastructure, experienced faculty and established guidance, the BVU Dental College is a recollection of the historical India’s educational center of excellence. It is one of the best destinations in India to get educated in dentistry.
- Placements: College also provides placement to the students in famous hospitals and other medical institutions.
- Awards and Achievements: College has received various awards for its achievements and for faculty’s achievements in the academic year 2012.
Facts & Figures :-
|Year of establishment||1989|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India|
|Constituent Unit of||Bhaarti Vidyapeeth University|
|Number of courses offered||One under graduate and eight post graduate courses including induction of PhD program|
|Area of campus||1,32,308 sq. ft. with extension of 75363 sq. ft. as P.G. wing|
|Library Resources||Books 8657, Journals 1629|
|Infrastructure||Open Air Theatre 400 Capacity, Auditorium 500 Capacity, Laboratories 100 Work Stations|
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel.020-24373266 , 24367300
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MDS at Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Dental College And Hospital,pune students must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria-
1) Candidate has completed a 3 year course in BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) from a recognized university.
2) Candidate who has completed a 2 year PG diploma approved by Dental Council of India are eligible to pursue a MDS course in the same discipline.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
Performance in first, second and third year of BDS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.