Bharati Vidyapeeth University was established in 1964 by politician and educationist Patangrao Kadam. It is a deemed university which has over 78 schools and 60 institution of higher education under its flagship.
The university provides courses in various disciplines like Medicine, Engineering. Management, Law, Arts, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, Agriculture and more. It has campuses in New Delhi, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Kohlapur, Sangli, Satara, Karad and Panchgani.
The university has 4 campuses in Pune located at Katraj, Balewadi, Lavale and Kothrud. The katraj campus is the main campus of the university. It is spread across 85 acres of land and houses 24 colleges providing courses in various fields. Among them the most popular are-
- Medical College
- Dental College & Hospital
- College of Engineering
- College of Physical Education
- Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
The admission is based on various national and state entrance exams of the respective course. The university also conducts its own entrance exam.
Application and Admission Procedure
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University (BVDU) gives admissions to the students through various national and university level entrance test:
- The admissions to the MBBS and BDS courses are based on the NEET score as per the norms of Supreme Court.
- M.Tech admissions are done on the basis of GATE score card.
- The admissions to all the other courses are done through the entrance test i.e. BVP Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To fill the online application forms of the University visit the official website of the college.
- Register on the website by filling in the basic details and then login by selecting the course name.
- Fill in all the required details and upload the scanned copy of all the required documents along with the photograph and signature.
- Then make the online payment through credit/debit card or net banking.
- If everything is done properly the candidate will receive a confirmation screen.
The fees of the application form is Rs.1500/- which can be paid either by online payment mode or through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “ The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University,Pune” and payable at Pune.
In case of offline application, the candidate needs to send the form duly filled along with the essential documents like HSC,SSLC, community certificate (if applicable) including cash payment if done in person or Demand Draft if done by post.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University,
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,
LBS Marg, Pune- 411030
Hostel and Facilities
The university campus is spread over a huge area. There is a separate hostel for boys and girls. The strength of boy’s hostel is around 300 whereas only 200 student’s accommodation is possible in girl’s hostel. The boy’s hostel is only for 1st-year students and only engineering students are staying in the hostels.
The rooms are quite spacious and well maintained too. The students are staying there on sharing basis 3 in 1 room. Moreover, there is also a mess facility available from where students can get good quality food. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled where students can access the internet at 24 hours.
The university also provides many indoor table tennis, carom board etc as well as many outdoor sports like cricket, football etc. facilities. Apart from that, there is also a common Recreational room where the students can exchange their thoughts, discuss many things and they also do some cultural activities there.
Apart from these, there are well-equipped lab and library. There is some scholarship available for meritorious as well as economically backward students. The university is in talks with some of the leading corporate firms to sponsor scholarship programs.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates