The Maharashtra Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri is established on March 29, 1968 and subsequently named as Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV) after a great social reformer 'Mahatma Jyotiba Phule'. It has started functioning from October, 1969 at Rahuri, District Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India. The Campus is situated 160 km from Pune on Pune-Delhi highway in Ahmednagar district. Forty kilometer in the South is Ahmednagar town and 50 km in the North is Shirdi, famous for the saint Saibaba. Newasa, land of saint Dnyaneshwar is 33 km from Rahuri. The campus is 10 km from Rahuri Railway Station and 110 km from Manmad railway junction. Ahmednagar is a historical place and was a capital of the Nizam rulers. It is famous for co-operative sugar and dairy industries. The annual average maximum and minimum temperature ranges between 30 to 40 0C and 10 to 20 0C. respectively.
Courses Offered :-
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Agricultural Engineering)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Agricultural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Horticulture Science)
- Diploma in Farm Management
- Master of Science [M.Sc] (Agriculture)