ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Shivaji University is one of the most reputed colleges in Maharashtra. Established in the year 1962, its main objective was to give an equal platform at higher education to students who hailed from the rural status of the society. Presently, over 270 colleges are affiliated to ShivUniversitysity and it caters to the educational needs of 3,00,000 students. It is located within a sprawling of 851 acres.
The colleges are equipped with well furnished labs, internet facilities and much attention is given to cultural activities. It also has a collaboration with the University of Goa for a cultural exchange program.
It believes in providing a wide platform in the fields of Science, Commerce and Humanities to ensure regional development, especially in the rural areas.
- Awarded the 28th Position by - National Institure Ranking Framework.
- Recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Recognized by The National Asessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- The University offers both, full time as well as part time courses. The students are selected through merit.
- Application forms are issued online as well as offline
- Application process for the year 2017 has begun.
- Department of Science
- Department of Law
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Ayurvedic Medicine
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Commerce-Commerce and Management/ Commerce and Management - MBA Unit
- Department of Humanities- English/Hindi/Marathi/Foreign Languages
- Department of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Social Science- History/Economics/Journalism and Communication/Political Science/Sociology/Library and Information Science
Phone Number - 91-0231-2609063
Fax Number- 91-0231- 2692333
Email- [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates