About the institute
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Institute for Management Development (SDIMD) is located in Mysore at the foot of Chamundi Hills. It belongs ot the Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Trust. The flagship program that it offers is the PGDM course that can be done as a full-time or part-time course as well.
How to apply?
The candidates can obtain the application form either online or from the college itself. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at the college in Mysore along with an application fee of Rs. 550.
The application form can be found on the following link: http://www.sdmimd.ac.in/files/SDMIMDPGCPMpplicationForm.pdf
After the applications are received, a list of shortlisted applicants is prepared. The basis for such shortlisting is the consistency of the academic record, score in the competitive exams and work experience, if any. The candidate must have appeared in at least one of the following competitive exams : CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT.
The shortlisted students will have to appear for the personal interview that is scheduled in March and the students selected thereafter will be intimated about the same by phone or email.
More details can be found on the brochure at the following link : https://sdmimd.ac.in/system/files/Partime_PGDM_Brochure_2015.pdf
There is no cutoff score prescribed to be eligible for admission in the Institute. Selections will be done on the basis of score in the entrance exams, work experience and personal interview.
Eligibility CriteriaTo be eligible to apply to SDM Institute of Management Development, the candidate
- has to be a graduate or must be in the final year of his/her graduation in any discipline in any college that is recognized by the AICTE
- must have appeared for the CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT exam.
- Must have scored an aggregate of at least 50% every year 10th standard onwards
Campus Facilities (i.e. Infrastructure)
The SDM Institute of Management Development is well known for its state-of-the-art campus and facilities like a well-stocked library, a computer center, auditorium, amphitheatre, huge classrooms, a conference hall and yoga and gym center.
The SDMIMD hostels are fully furnished and are single-occupancy rooms. It has a common mess area, a recreational area, a lounge and study area. The facilities provided are 24x7 internet access, laundry and housekeeping services. The mess is managed by the student body, thereby making it more convenient for the students.
- The average package offered for the year 2014-15 is 5.68 lakhs and the highest package offered was 15.5 lakhs.
- Some of the recruiters were HDFC Bank, ICICI Securities, Deloitte Consulting Pvt. Ltd., TTK Prestige Limited, Tata Consultancy Services and many more.
- All the 177 students of the graduating batch were placed.
- First, the companies make a pre placement presentation, following which all the students apply for the jobs by sending their CVs. The students then receive Pre Placement Offers, if any. The placement is confirmed when the Placement Office confirms the same.
- More details can be found on the following link : http://sdmimd.ac.in/placements
The Institute has an extremely active student body and they have formed a number of student clubs and organize a number of events through the year. A number of sports events, fresher’s parties, and cultural events are organized. There is also a live arts theatre where the students showcase their talent.
The fee for the two year PGDM course is Rs. 9.5 lakhs. This fee includes the hostel fee as well.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SDMIMD students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.