Acharya Institute of Management, Bangalore India
About the institute
Acharya School of management was started in the year 200-2009 with a vision of imparting knowledge, quality education and training the students in the field of management. The college is located in Bangalore at the outskirts of the city which is an additional aspect that adds to the serene location. It is a full time 2 year program that provides Post graduation course and is AICTE approved.
How to apply
- The student can apply online by filling out the application form after completing the entire one can submit it online and the confirmation mail will be sent and instructions will be given.
The site for filling the form is: http://www.acharya.ac.in/admissions/application_form.php?course_id=60#Page_6
- If the student wants to fill out the application form offline one can collect the forms available at the branches of Axis bank.
- The payment will have to be done in the form of DD or Cheque and sent to the following address:-
Acharya Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Road
Acharya Post Office
Bangalore 560 107
- At the time of application filling important documents such as photocopy of educational mark sheets of std. 10th and 12th, 4passport size photographs, caste certificate if required needs to be submitted.
- Once the candidate has successfully submitted the application form, the candidate will have to answer the CAT/MAT/PGCET/KMAT /GMAT.Candidate will be selected on basis of their performances academically as well as their performances in their respective entrance tests.
- The candidate will be called for Group discussions and personal interview round will be held after the candidate clears the entrance test.
- The candidate will be evaluated on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance test and the performance in the group discussions and personal round.
The cut off for the exams are given as below
- CAT- 60 percentile
- MAT- 70 percentile
- Graduate with a minimum of 50% from any recognized university is eligible to apply for the college.
- Candidate appearing in their final year is also eligible.
- The candidate will have to appear for entrance tests such as MAT/CAT/GMAT/PGCET/KMAT for applying for the management course.
- The college has a vast area of over 120 acre with lush green trees and serene environment.
- It is situated at the out skirts of the main city and the reason it is peaceful and close to nature.
- The campus is very attractive and appealing for the students visiting for the first time.
- The college has sports clubs where in different sports are played and sports events are conducted.
- Seminars and workshops are also conducted for the students wherein they can interact and gain knowledge of the subject.
- Certificate program in English education is also conducted for fluency in speaking and brushing up the writing skills.
- Hostel facility is provided to the students as the institute believes it is not just about the classrooms and textbooks it is a family as a whole.
- The hostel is different for the girls and the boys.
- The hostel rooms are categorized as the requirement of the students and are available in 2, 3, 4 sharing basis.
- The rooms are well equipped with all the basic necessities.
- The rooms are equipped with individual cupboards, table chair etc.
- The rooms are spacious and are well furnished.
One of the most important aspects of joining the institute is because of its placement records. The college has very excellent placement records. They have 100% record and every year the students are placed in reputed organizations. They conduct special training programs for the students as part of their curriculum. Various training programs such as Technical aptitude, general affairs, discussions and interview skills and various workshops are conducted to develop and train the students in the work field. Listed below are the names of few companies that conduct recruitment activities and have successfully placed the students in the organization.
- Angel Broking
- Almondz Global Securities
- Deutsche Bank
- Deloitte Consulting
- HSBC Bank
- Finance World
- Canbank Factors
- Federal Bank
- Disha Investment and many more
- Acharya School of management is recognized as one of the most leading institute in the field of management.
- It is ranked 9th in South India under the top 30 B-Schools by Dainik Bhaskar.
- According to the Competitive Success Review 2012 the Management school is ranked 14th as one of the emerging in B-school excellence.
- The Week also ranked the MBA School as 5th best college for management in Bangalore.
- According to the IPSPS B-School survey in 2012 by Business world it is ranked 25th for overall placements.
- Scholarship facilities are provided to the most deserving candidates, JMJ Education society awards for the students studying in the Acharya institutes.
- The students also will be awarded on their academic performances.
- The last date for applying for the college is 15-04-2015.
- The last date for CAT exam form submission is September 30th 2014 and the tentative exam dates are November 16-22.
- The Last date for submission of MAT exam form is April 21st 2015 and the exam is conducted tentatively by May 3rd to May 9th 2015
- The fees for the entire course for the MBA program is Rs.8,10,000/-
- The assistance is provided by banks for educational loans, Banks as listed under provide loan facility for the students who need financial assistance.
- Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- IDBI Bank
- The hostel fees are categorized on different sections such as ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ and the fees are Rs.98, 000/- , Rs.85, 000/- and Rs.60, 000/- respectively which are inclusive of food.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at ASM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.