CMR institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
The CMR institute was set up in the year 1996. The institute is affiliated to Bangalore University and is AICTE accredited. The institute offers masters and post-graduation courses in Management sections. It also believes in bringing up the most proficient students and providing excellence in the field of education.
How to apply
- Candidate can issue the prospectus for Rs.750/- for the management course that will be issued at the college office.
- Candidate can also fill the application form using the online mode on the college site by submitting full details or by taking out a print out of the form.
- After the completion of the application form the candidate can submit the form at the office or online method by paying the required amount.
- The candidate will need to provide a list of documents such as photocopies of their previous year mark sheets and two passport sized photographs.
- After the successful submission of the form the candidate will have to appear for entrance tests such as KMAT/CAT/MAT.
- Once the candidate has cleared the entrance tests they will be screened on the basis of their performances in the group discussions and personal interview.
- The candidate will be selected after successfully completing the procedure.
The cut-off for various examinations respectively are as under:
- MAT/KMAT : 500
- CAT : 40 percentile
- Graduate with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the graduation year and throughout the academics from recognized university.
- Students in their final year can also apply for the course.
- Entrance tests CAT/KMAT/MAT for the candidates is mandatory.
- The campus is provided with ample area for the students, the extensive area that has all the required facilities for the students.
- High speed internet Wi-Fi connectivity is available.
- Classrooms are well equipped with internet connectivity and well furnished.
- Library facility with well stacked books, journals and magazines and a peaceful reading space is provided.
- Canteen facility with hygienic food with spacious sitting arrangement.
- Sports and gymnasium area is available for the students during their spare time.
- Hostel facility is provided to the girls and boys separately.
- Hostel rooms are spacious with well-furnished furniture with is necessary for the students.
- The hostel is also safe for the girls and warden is also available all day.
The placement cell has been established for the students and trainings are setup. Providing excellent training and getting placed in reputed organizations. The average salary is 4.5 lakh per annum and the highest was recorded 6.5 lakh per annum as per 2012-2013 placement records. Listed below are few companies where in students are placed over few years.
- Ernst & Young
- Thomson & Reuters
- Career Net
- J P Morgan
- Flipkart and more.
Deserving students are awarded scholarships. There are two categories under which the candidates are awarded the scholarship one is the internal and second is external.
Internal scholarship - Under this CMR scholarship is awarded to the rural background based students with great academic records.
Merit scholarship – awarded to the students with brilliant academic records
Leadership award - have amazing communication skills, good at academics and should be outstanding throughout.
Sports scholarship - have represented games such as badminton, volleyball, cricket etc. in national level or state level respectively. Also candidates who have represented yoga and chess are eligible for the scholarship.
External scholarship -Under this the students are awarded scholarships by the ICCR, different governments organized for SC/ST castes are awarded.
The last date of submission of the form is 21/03/2015
CMR Institute of Management Studies
(Affiliated to Bangalore University)
Bangalore- 560 043,
Karnataka - India
Telephone: 080-25426944, 080-25453077
For admission enquiry: [email protected]
For general queries: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at CMRIMS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.