RV Institue of Business Management
RV Institute of business management was established in the year 2000 with the aim to provide quality education to the student. The college has its mission to educate and train potential managers and build world, The institute that has been established under the name of Rashtriya Shiksha Samithi Trust. The college is affiliated to the Bangalore University and has been approved by AICTE. It envisions itself to become a premier Institute of Management education and training.
How to Apply
The selection of candidates for the MBA programme is primarily done on the basis of counselling through PGCET organised by the government of Karnataka and MAT examination organised by the Central government. Some portion of the seats are reserved for management seats and candidates applying for these seats are required to fill in the application http://www.rvim.in/pdf/application_for_admission_mba.pdf and submit the same to the Institute.
Most of the seats are allotted through counselling organised by Government of Karnataka and Govt of India. After receiving the application of the student along with the scorecard of KMAT/MAT the students are then called on for GD and PI. The students are then allotted seats based on the combined performance in all three rounds.
R.V. Institute provides two-year full-time MBA programme in management. The Institute takes admission based on the KMAT/MAT scores of the students followed by a screening process.
Management Quota: 51.4%
Government Quota: 50%
Candidate who wants to pursue MBA from the Institute needs to have attained a graduate degree from a reputed institute. He should have scored a minimum of 50% in his final examination and obtained a valid score in KMAT/MAT examination.
- The college has well-developed classrooms equipped with LCD and sound systems.
- Two seminar halls with the capacity of 120 and 180 students are present where events and ceremonies are organised.
- A well-stocked library with more than 13000 books is present. The library also has a subscription to around 130 national as well as international journals.
- Well developed computer labs with high-speed Internet
- Sports facilities for volleyball, badminton, are provided. Apart from this space for various recreational activities is also present.
- Transportation is also provided for which the fleet of college buses commutes to nearby areas.
- Other facilities include Bank, Medical Centre, Post Office,
The campus provides a separate hostel for boys and girls. The rooms are spacious as well as well maintained. Hostel warden takes care of the students needs and makes sure they remain safe and secure.
The list of companies that recruited students from the 2012-14 batch were NIIT, Colgate, Naukri.com, ICICI Securities, Future Group, Robosoft Technologies.
To know more about the placement of MBA course you can visit this link http://www.rvim.in/pdf/companies_participated_MBA_placements_2014.pdf
The fee structure for the PGDM course is as follows:
- 1,00,000/- per year
*Hostel fees account for Rs. 15000/- per semester
- There are a number of co-curricular activities organised that allow the students to take a break from the hectic studying schedule. These activities include:
- Seminars from eminent people of industry
- Workshops and Industrial Visit
- Sports and Cultural Competitions
- Entrepreneurship development classes
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at RVIM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.