Girijabai Sail Memorial Trust (GSMT) is a non-commercial entity that has been established with the basic purpose to promote the cause of education with an initial emphasis in the areas of Karwar and adjacent places in the northern part of Karnataka. The prime motive of the Trust is to build opportunities for education at all levels in the area with special focus on higher education and professional education. With ever rising population and challenges in the work places, the need for good and sound educational systems are very important and GSMT is an initiative towards this end. GSMT is registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 on the 23rd of May 2008 at Karwar. Since the inception the Trust has been striving to contribute to educational causes in the areas in and around Karwar.
Girijabai Sail Institute of Technology (GSIT) is the first major initiative of GSMT towards its mission of higher education. The Trust aims at continuing such efforts and starting more career oriented courses and also to start education institutes at all levels. The higher education has reached its pinnacle due to the efforts put in by private enterprise ably supported by respective Governments and Universities.
GSIT is aiming to create a 'Centre of Excellence' keeping in mind the best moral, ethical and cultural values with the assurance to all the students in providing them quality and excellence in education. Arrangements have also been made to provide best possible placements, interview planning by conducting Career and personality orientation programmes on regular basis and employability guidance system which, in turn, would help our students to be successful professionals and responsible citizens.
GSIT is duly approved by AICTE, New Delhi & DTE, Bangalore and affiliated to VTU, Belgaum and in collaboration with Jain Group Of Institutions. GSIT provides aesthetically designed, modern and environmentally balanced classrooms, laboratories, workshops, sporting & recreational facilities along with all essential utilities and well equipped comfortable accommodation with cafeteria.Vision
Nurturing and harnessing the talent and catalytically transforming the lives of the students through excellence in teaching and research.Mission
To develop Girijabai Sail Institute of Technology, GSIT into a center of excellence in the field of education by,
1. Encouraging students into technical and Management pursuits beyond the curriculum
2. Providing state of the art Institution to impart value based high quality technical and management education.
3. Groom the personality of each student with soft skills to make them ready for professional position.CORE VALUES
1. Build positive and productive relationships with staff, students and community.
2. Be predictably conscientious in how we go about our business.
3. Be strong in our convictions about how we teach and manage students.
4. Improve student academic and social performance.
5. Be responsible for the school's reputation.
6. Continuously improve.Facts And Figures Of GirijabaiSail Institute Of Technology
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Total Faculty Members
How to Reach
12 km from Karwar in the surroundings of Majali
- Fruitful Seminars and Workshops- Seminars and workshops are conducted all throughout the years in the institute. Experts are cordially invited from all areas and fields of work for the enhancement of the learning experience of the students. This turns out to be very fruitful for the students.
- Industrial Visits- The industrial visits that take place from time to time are very helpful for the students as the students get the opportunity of experiencing practical corporate environment. industrial visits are organized both outside and locally to relevant service and manufacturing organizations.
- Top Notch and Professional Faculty- The institute possesses some of the most distinguished personalities and best brains in the form of facilitators. Faculty at GirijabaiSail Institute of Technology is well-known for its devotion to quality teaching, knowledge, expertise and experience. Not only this visiting faculty or guest faculty also visit the institutes from premiere institutes like XLRI and IIM.
|Maximum salary offered
|Minimum salary offered
|Average salary offered
To pursue MBA at GSIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.